CCW how do you do it?

Being a girl, I run into different problems. I carry a modified purse or the gun on my body. I have found in warmer weather cargo shorts work well with smaller guns. Holsters can also be modified to being square to conceal the shape of the smaller gun if worn in your pocket.

I have seen several briefcases and notebooks that look professional for business. As far as putting it down and forgetting about it, you have to ask yourself if you think you would do that honestly.

------------------
"Time changes everything"

I'm 5'6" and about 150lbs. My built is trim, somewhat athletic, though not as much as I was in my early 20s.

I usually carry strong side hip in an Askin Avenger. It hides well with most jackets, though shorter bomber type jackets is really pushing it.

While IWBs conceal well, I've yet to find one that I can use comfortably because they're too wide. I'm too cheap to change my wardrobe. However the MMX from Milt Sparks looks like it may fit the bill.

I've used fanny packs in the past. However, with their widespread popularity, I don't want to be noticed by a cop even if I have a CCW (don't need the hassle). In So. CA most people aren't gun people and would not notice. I can't say the same for LEOs.

I've also use the Galco Miami should holster. It's a very comfortable holster even when used all day. Conceals very well, but if you want to be consistent in presentation of you weapon, you might not want to use a should holster unless it's going to be your primary mode of carry. Of course, if the choice was between carrying nothing and carrying in a holster configuration you don't normally use, guess which one I'd choose?

A rather thin friend of mine carries a full sizes Sig in a belly band under his shirt, but he puts the band up around his chest with the gun under his arm like a shoulder holster. Access the gun by the "Superman" method of ripping open the shirt and popping the buttons. Works very well for him, I know where it is and still can't tell if he's carrying or not.

Crash & Jeff: For wear with suits, for compacts and sub-compact pistols, I find the Bayer Arms phone facade holster is the best/most comfortable/most practical -no worries of being "made" - and on your right hip where a gun belongs; jacket on or off, doesn't matter - You should definitely check it out. If you don't remove your jacket, I like a paddle holster - easy on and off.

For after work, I like fanny packs. For jogging, etc., the Active Body Holster company's belly band can't be beat. Bayer and Active are both on the net. Let me know if you need the "cite to the site".

Also, you might consider the "tuckable" or "covered" IWBs, such as the Mitch Rosen Workman, the Galco Deep Cover, and the Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment holster (or even the cheesy Pager Pal). These each conceal with a "tucked" shirt (but a watchful eye can still "make you" with the bulge).

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited June 02, 1999).]

Back