Catostrophic failure

Phoenix, Lorcin and Jennings. What a trio! The reason those pistols wear is because they are made of cheap zinc alloy castings which are soft to the point of silliness in a firearm. Most of them sort of work for a while, but they were made to a price and to sell, not for long term use.

Jim

Why would I send it to two companies that didn't make it? Inovative solution Walter, but I think I'll try to have the original company have a look at it.
I did make a titanic mistake purchasing this pistol. I thought it was made of steel. It isn't.

Shin-Tao,
Look for a used one to buy for parts. Would not pay too much for it. Then again you can always sell yours.
No matter what anyone say so long as you got you monies worth that's what counts.
My .02

The Makarov is a good suggestion - look into it.
There are many around that you can pick up cheap, and I know how you like the eastern block stuff... Kinda suprising you dont have a Mak already!

Mak Attack

AIM Surplus has (had?) them for $135 or so, with two mags and a joke of a holster. Powerful, reliable, small, ugly and functional.

I was a skeptic at first...up to the point that I got all of the cosmoline off mine and actually shot it. I'm a skeptic no more. Nothing as good is that cheap, nothing as cheap is that good- it has found a wonderful place on the cost/quality curve.

Mike

I to have a HP22 with the short and long barrel. Mine to is also broken. The magazine catch does not put sufficient pressure on the mag to hold it in and it is annoying to have the mag drop out while you are shooting it.
I have just been biding my time to get the outrageous cash money needed to send the damn thing it for warrenty work.

Shin, Instalation of the barrel is a bit of a trick but once you get the hang of it it is a snap. I kinda regreat purchasing it but the price was right and I have gotten somewere around 1500 rounds through it before the mag decided to poop out. The barrels have a lot of rough edges on them so I polished them with my dremel and the few feeding problems ceased.
I hope to get it fixed as it is a fun little plinking gun and looks outreagous with the long "target" Barrel on it.

Best of luck

Oh, yes. I do love Maks. At the time this HP-22 was aquired, I couldn't find a Mak anywhere.

What made me go for the HP-22:

1)Was misinformed by someone that the pistol was made of steel.

2)It was the right size for what I needed at the moment for work. Very flat.

3)I liked the idea of putting a longer barrel on it later after I no longer needed it fir work.

My judgement:

The pistol would have been fine if it wasn't made of mystery alloy. Bad choice for a back-up.

Shin Tao

Phoenix Arms
1420 South Archibald Ave.
Ontario, CA 91761

I did have their phone number but I have misplaced it. If you contact them they will tell you what is required for factory repairs. If you get the care and feeding instructions they will have a parts list and price list.
I own an HP22 and on the whole I am pleased with it. Have put between 1.0k and 1.5k rounds through it with few problems.
When I load it for defense roles I load Hydra-Shoks.

Lone Stranger

Back