CAS

revolvers had pins between the chambers, or at least a single pin between two of them, for the same purpose. With my Pietta Remington 1858 it seems to work properly

i only have ruger single actions, so i cant play around to see how this "middle" position would cycle.
If i were carrying with hammer down between cylynders, how would i cycle the gun? ie what rotates the cylinder into normal firing mode?
tom

update on SAA

Hey, i found a Uberti SAA in the classifieds here on the forum, I should pick it up today:D I can't wait to give it a whirl.

So i have 2 pistols now the uberti and the 58 remmy with 45 conv.

I also have an 1892 winchester built in 1893 and a 1878 (can't remember brand but built in chickopee(sp?), pre Stevens arms) I need to send both off to work on them any thoughts on using them or should i get replicas???:cool:

If the 92 is in collector shape I wouldn't but if it's just a shooter you wouldn't mind getting a few dings and scratches in go for it. Stevens or pre Stevens Shotguns don't have much collector value so go for it on that one.

i only have ruger single actions, so i cant play around to see how this "middle" position would cycle.
If i were carrying with hammer down between cylynders, how would i cycle the gun? ie what rotates the cylinder into normal firing mode?

Just cock the hammer.

Ruger Vaqueros and Blackhawks use a transfer bar ignition system, so it is perfectly safe to carry six in the cylinder. However, it is never allowed in CAS competition.
Well, I do not go often but a lot of our stages require a 1-2-3 and then a 3-2-1 shot pattern you cannot accomplish that with ten rounds.
That would require an on-the-clock reload.

As far as your original question, I highly recommend the Ruger Vaqueros. They're practically indestructible and can be slicked up easily if you're so inclined. I have several pairs, both Old Models and New Models, and I love 'em all.

You can indeed carry a single-action revolver as a concealed gun. Mernickle makes a great holster for it.

Back