Carrying in your Car in Memphis, Tennessee

In the last 10 years, Memphis has turned into a cesspool. Our former crack head mayor saw to that. Gang warfare constantly. Memphis is in the top 5 most dangerous places to live in the USA. I have lived here all my life, and am ready to go elsewhere. There are some relatively safe places, but overall it sucks.
Yeah, you have to get over to the east side of town - Germantown, Cordova, etc.

It is getting pretty bad over there to (that's where I work). But then again when you head east the Cops are pretty friendly to gun owners

Wow. I used to work in Cordova in 04 and 05 and it was pretty damn nice then. I guess it doesn't take long for rot to creep in, though.

I don't know about Memphis but Nashville is pretty gun unfriendly

I have lived here in the area all my life, (almost half a century) have never found this to be the case, in fact I have carried both CC and OC for many of those years and have rarely (twice) been hassled. What was your experience?

memphis

wow what a change.I spent a summer in Millington?,and visited memphis often.never was hasseled.met a nice girl and married her.it was filled with girls when I was there. the bus drivers use to keep a gun under a rag next to them.I bought a new service 45 colt for $
40.:rolleyes::D

Last edited:
The vehicle is not a extension of the home.

This is a hearsay that became a urban legend.

A judge once told me;

"If a vehicle is a extension of the home, why is it that it has to have a separate insurance policy once it leaves the property?"

"There is a difference between obtaining a warrant to search a home, and a officer searching a vehicle under "Probable Cause", which does not require a warrant."

"The law and the enforcement of carrying a loaded forearm in a vehicle differs from state to state, as it is a concern for public safety."

He went on jokingly;

"Why do you need a official documentation, such as DL, registration, proof of insurance always at hand in the vehicle and not so in your home?"

"Why is it legal to have sex, drink, and be naked in your home and not in your vehicle?"

Back