Carrying in summer...

Pond, I carry a J frame Smith and Wesson, and find that it conceals better than any other weapon I own.

Not knowing your body type, I reccomend you try a holster along the lines of a Crossbreed/Alien Gear style that can be adjusted for ride height and cant.

If that's not possible, I know around here Sticky holsters can be found rather easily, especially on eBay, and are not too expensive ($25). They use the belt's compression to hold in place against the body, while covering most of the firearm to prevent sweat damage. The beauty is that they can be tilted and adjusted to truly complement your body, and make concealment possible.

Your other option, which I am guessing is part of the reason this gun may be uncomfortable, is the exposed hammer spur. If it is still exposed, have you considered taking it to a gunsmith to have it removed, essentially making your revolver a DAO weapon?

I live in SWFL where it is summer year round. I carry 24/7 .45 ACP 1911's from 3" Kimber to 5 " Wilson along with a Para 16-40 on occasion. The trick is a good gun belt and IWB holster (Armour 1 1/2 belt and Milt Sparks VM2"s) Have no problems with either and none of them print

Back