Carry TWO Snubs...?

On occaission I have been known to carry two S&W 65 in a "Miami Classic" shoulder rig. Load Hydra Shok or Golden SAber.
Mods include scabbard suspended from center back toggle for Smith inner city fighter ( 9 3/4 " bowie).

Problem is you have to drop or pocket the first pitsol to grab the second. Unless you plan to use them two handed.

The Bell Charter Oak is a good rig. I have used it for double autos. They are more comptfortable because they are flat.

Cheers,

ts

Well, I can't seem to find it using the search feature, but one of the all time classic TFL posts was by George Hill about his two gun experiment. I have it printed out; it was originally posted 2-25-00 if that helps, but the print out doesn't seem to have the thread title.

I went to the range today and watched a guy shoot holes in medium cotton, one thickness, then two, pulled up around the 442 Airweight .32 snub, as if it was a jacket pocket. The cloth was tight against the muzzle. Five rounds of 125 Golden Saber +P and five rounds of Win 158 LHP +P. The shots blew 1" to 2" holes, straight through, with black soot marks around the holes. No ignition of the cotton whatsoever. I'M NOT RECOMMENDING THIS. I'M JUST REPORTING WHAT I SAW. L

Been awhile since I posted, but this interests me. Out here in the Republik of KA, when the heat is up and I wear shorts and a Tshirt, I carry a Weigand "Street Fighter" S&W 442 snub in a Thunderwear rig (lt hand draw) and a S&W titanium in the right front pocket with an Uncle Mike's nylon pocket holster, plus a couple speed strips.

Never been "made" and even friendlies who know can't spot 'em. Very comfortable, concealable, and 10 for sure! Went through a Louis Awerbuck 3 day pistol class with this set up, and everybody else in the class had Glocks / Sigs, etc., I held my own. Draw time was comparable to their belt holsters with the Thunderwear, and even faster with the pocket snub. I was at a disadvantage on the reloads, however.

Works for me, give it a shot!

Moon

I e-mailed one of the very top gun pros that most of us have heard of and respect, about the two-snub setup. He said he went to a match with a 640 on the right hip and a 442 in left pocket and did very well - except for reloading, compared to everyone else, who all had pistols. He said he felt the setup was good for off-duty or plain-clothes or armed civilian. Advantage is a gun available to either hand. Downside he said is the difficulty of mastering the J-frame for accuracy, and if you ever need to take a longer shot. And the reload, of course. He made no comment on the idea of shooting through a pocket.

Back