Carry speedloaders on your person

Victor,

Not sure why they won't work with Magnum fodder. I originally heard this from Massad Ayoob and called Safariland customer service. They confirmed Ayoob was correct, but could not explain why. I'll just take them at their word.

Not sure of a vendor, but would suggest you call Safariland customer service and ask for an internet based distributor of theirs. I'm sure there is more than one.

A faster alternative might be to log onto http://www.google.com (a great search engine) and search for Comp-Is and see who has them.

- Anthony

I got a 642 for my wife, and she carries a speedloader with it in her purse. If your concern is reloading, carry a keltec P11 with spare mag. I carry this combo in a SmartCarry holster, and it works well.

New York Reload ???

You can always carry a 1911 in a belt holster and a BHP in a shoulder holster for backup. That is 8 rounds (at least).45ACP and 18 rounds 9mm. No muss-no fuss. No speed strips.

speedloader

I have 2 speed loaders for my pre-sellout S&W model 19, but I don't carry them on a regular basis. After long consideration and the posts I've read today, I think I'll start!!!!!

I just found it at a shop on my lunch break. I was allowed to try it with dummy rounds on one of their display J-frames. I bought two.:) The labeling indicates usage for Charter Arms and S&W 5-shot .38 specials, and the M60 .357 Magnum.???

Taurus 85Ti rides in right front (strong side) pocket holster and speedloaders ride in a nylon belt pouch made by Klein to carry cell phone or tools. Pouch has a tight-fitting velcro flap and a secure belt-clip. In this day of cell phones, it is totally ignored and will carry 5 HKS speedloaders for a total of 5 rounds on board and 25 in reserve. I got the Klein pouch at Home Depot and I think it was around $7.

Back