Carry Holster Question For Odd Shaped Human

I think I'll stay away from Small of Back carry. I think it might be an issue if, for some reason, I fell and landed on the gun. It could cause some damage. I guess I'll keep my eye out for a pancake holster with a cant and try it further back to see how that would work.

I'm sure there's a good number of gun owners out there who carry Small Of Back or behind the back else holster makers would not still be offering holsters for that method of carry. In all of my years in the gun community and on gun forums, I've never actually heard of anyone who fell at just the right angle with enough velocity to cause anything more than a bruse. Matter of fact, I never heard of anyone falling at all. I mean you'd have to bypass your butt, and be dropped in a L shape with your feet and legs in the air, or fall straight back with your body stiff as a board. IMHO, the dangers of SOB carry are grossly overstated.

Last edited:
Great Post and suggestions - I too have issues but am experimenting skipping the belt loop at 3 o'clock allowing some room to play until it get it right.
Using a OWB Wright Leather Works Predator and a Sig 1911 Ultra. Bladetech Ultimate Belt -

My shape almost requires Suspenders but that's another story -
Once the holster broke in I'm happier with 3:30 o'clock.

Not giving up - Love the ability to carry that beautiful pistol.

Don't give Up -

I'm sure there's a good number of gun owners out there who carry Small Of Back or behind the back else holster makers would not still be offering holsters for that method of carry. In all of my years in the gun community and on gun forums, I've never actually heard of anyone who feel at just the right angle with enough velocity to cause anything more than a bride. Matter of fact, I never heard of anyone falling at all. I mean you'd have to bypass fall to you butt, and be dropped in a L shape with your feet and legs in the air, or fall straight back with your body stiff as a board. IMHO, the dangers of SOB carry are grossly overstated.

I'm good about doing things that people say are impossible...and, I have done one of those feet in the air falls on ice before.

some folks cinch their belt just above the hip bone, some just below it. find a holster that rides lower on the belt for OWB. IWB means you will have a very exaggerated draw to clear leather. women often have this issue because they have higher waists than men.

Check the CrossBreed holsters. You can adjust the can't of the firearm to what is pleasing for you. IWB our OWB, I use a couple of them on my 1911's, very comfortable.

Back