carb cleaner confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if brake and parts cleaner will "eat" my hogue grips?

------------------
"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson

You do math weird. If 8 grips melted and 8 said it worked on my brand X gun Ok. Then you conclude that it's a draw? I'd say that it would be evidence not to use it. By the way it will soften and discolor rubber grips. Its so strong they don't use it on all car parts. It will usually eat any hard plastic or paint. It also seems to leave a residue that brake cleaner does not. My 2 cents.

I,too have used parts cleaner. The stuff I get at my place of employment (Caterpillar dealer) does a great job, but I did eat the grips of my Phoenix Arms HP-22 when using Gun Scrubber, which contains mostly the same stuff. The grips got soft and then
re-hardened but malformed. Some of the springs and stuff sometimes rely on the grips for placement and retention as in the Phoenix's case. No ill effect except the looks, and when I sent the gun in for some repair work, Phoenix Arms ( I recommend these guys)replaced the grips at no charge.

------------------
You can never have too much ammo!---- Me (being a role model to my 5 year old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back