Car stolen with CCW inside

I leave a CD Hi Power in my truck. I have the muzzle tucked where the seat splits. I keep a towel or a ball cap over the exposed grip. Strangely enough, my truck has been broken into several times and the pistol was never touched. If it gets stolen, I'm out $300. A safe or lock box seems worthless to me since they don't allow instant access. Just use a pistol that you won't cry over if it is stolen.

"By the way, I don't think the holster is in that great a location since it can be seen by anyone looking in your car."

That's a legitimate concern, but in my case with the seat pulled forward (pulled back for the pic), low mount in the footwell, and tinted windows, it can't be seen even on a sunny day.

I cover it with a rag or towel just to make sure.

And you figured it out, 2000 E39 540iT Dinan S2
dinan5-1.jpg

btw: I used to keep a Sigma in the car and never worried that a thief would try to use it in a crime. He'd be discouraged by the trigger. :D

doc540,

Nice ride! I'm sure the Dinan package is amazing. I'm a Bimmer guy myself. I had an '02 M3 for seven years and now I have the '09 M3 sedan. The problem with BMWs is that they are really short on places to store stuff. I had a '95 Volvo 850 and my Glock 26 fit perfectly in the center console. The center console opened with just the press of a button and the gun was always perfectly positioned facing the rear seats.

I actually had to draw once and I totally freaked out the other people in the car because I did it so quickly. It was really late one night (around 2:30 a.m.) and I was in a drive through with some friends in the car. The people screwed up the order so I pulled around to let them know. Three guys were walking across the parking lot so I let them cross. The last guy to pass put his hands on the hood of my car and then ran right up to my window. By the time he got to my window, I had the gun in my hand, ready to go. The guy gave me some stupid story about being drunk and not looking to start any trouble. This was in Gainesville, FL (where UF is) so I'm sure it was possible. In Miami (where I'm from), you don't run up to people's cars at night unless you are looking to get shot!

Unfortunately there are pistol free zones so there will be times you will have to "put it up". A good lock box is necessary. Something that you can bolt down or tether down in a inconspicuous place.

I like having a gun in the car. I do not leave a gun in the car ever.

I'd like to see some crook trying to conceal my pistol with a 265/70 R16 attached

Do you realize how easy it'd be to snatch the tire and walk, concealing the pistol under the tire while walking a few blocks to where they could call a bud for a lift and then go somewhere to work on it? Don't kid yourself!

Back