Can’t get Hodgdon load data through my phone anymore????

Here's a couple screen grabs of my duckduckgo browser blocking other websites from monitoring what I'm doing on my phone .

MG Just some terminology clarification:
duckduckgo is an anonymous search engine that does not track what you search.
Safari is your web browser. You have (probably) configured your Browser to default to use duckduckgo search engine.

Any cookie blocking going on is your browser, not the search engine.

Haha I don’t know what I’ve done other then downloading the duckduck go app . I use the app for all internet applications . I do not use safari at all as far as what I tap on to launch into the internet in fact it’s removed from my home screen on my phone . I tap the duckduckgo app and it has all it’s own features like favorites , bookmarks etc . Not sure if that’s the same as you describe above . I did/do use the duckduckgo search feature on my pc with explorer or edge ( what ever it is ) . My pc does not seem to allow the same type of feature as my phone where duck appears to act as it’s own browser ?

FWIW , I’m not even sure I understand what I just wrote :rolleyes: :o

I’ve done other then downloading the duckduck go app

Well, I just got schooled! I did not know there was a duckduckgo mobile browser! Thanks.

For your PC, go into whatever browser you use (I suggest Brave) settings. Find search engine and set duckduckgo as the default and then you will be using their search engine with all the privacy it provides.

Old dinosaur here, my phone doesn't do anything but allow voice conversations and I use books for my data.:eek::rolleyes:

This question seems to be more about various computer/phone tech issues and not actual reloading. I don't know there is a good "fit" for this question in TFL,,

Hope you find the answer you're looking for, just sayin' I don't think this forum is the best place to go looking...

Good Luck

A Dino here too and my field of expertise is programming and interfacing computers and hardware... Anyway, I just grab loading book(s) and good to go. Plus a few Handloader magazines if looking for something, and online articles on home workstation(s) .... But phone? That's for talking/texting and occasional picture at work... Of course that if I find it or have it on me :) .

They made some change, including sell offer (didnt check stock). On Android/Chrome browser it works with a couple more clicks. Annoying. I keep my relevant data in an Excel file, that I populate from the online sites, on a laptop. I look at data on the phone primarily to see what powder I may want.

I was loading some 357mag the other night and I wanted to double check my notes . I knew I was safe but didn’t want to be to high to do what I was about to do . The problem was my manuals didn’t have 158gr caoted LSWC and Win-231 . My notes/tests say I liked 5gr and 5.5gr but that was with standard primers and I want to substitute magnum primers . This means I needed very specific data to compare and my Hornady , Sierra and Lyman 50th manuals don’t have and 357mag and Win-231 in that bullet weight lead or jacketed . Not even my Lyman cast bullets manual has that info .

So there I am in my reloading room far from my PC and thought I’d lookup the info I need on the Hodgdon website using my phone this would result me not needing to go to the pc and look it up . That’s when the crying started because I still could not get to the data I needed :mad: . So I still needed to go to my PC and look it up . Then to TFL to see if I was the only one having the issue on mobile devices .

Regardless, with the great help here I believe I’ve got what I needed from this thead and believe anyone with the same problem can get what they need from this thread as it sits now .

Thanks guys
MG

Back