Can’t get Hodgdon load data through my phone anymore????

Metal god

Is anyone else having a problem getting load data using a phone ( iphone) . I can reach the load data section of the site but when I click on pistol or rifle it opens another page for purchasing powder . It will not send me to the designated pistol or rifle load data page I click on . I’ve tried using my PC and it works on my home computer but I no longer can access the load data using my phone .

It seems clear Hodgdon has recently made changes to there site , maybe it’s a bug they need to work out ?

Last edited:
What browser are you using? If it is blocking javascript, it will break the site.

[edit] I was just able to access and get load data using Brave browser on an iPhone (had to enable Javascript on the page).

Don’t know what I’m using , safari and duckduckgo is what I use to access the Internet on my phone neither allow access to data . I seemed to be able to access everything else on the site though . Im not very computer savvy so any technical aspects of this is way above my head .

I don’t remember the last time I logged on and got data through my phone but it wasn’t very long ago with out issues. Meaning up until now I’ve always been able to get to the data section on my phone so somethings different I just don’t know if it’s their end or my end .

well, fwiw, it isn't a mobile friendly page, and that is on hodgdon, not you. And a pretty big fail in this day and age.

If you are open to suggestion, open up the app store and look for "Brave browser". Install that on your phone and use it in replacement of safari.

Metal god said:
Don’t know what I’m using , safari and duckduckgo is what I use to access the Internet on my phone neither allow access to data .
FWIW, the Internet is "data." If you have access ti the Internet on your phone, you are accessing and using data.

I just submitted a contact message to them:
"Please put your reloading information in a mobile friendly page. The current format is extremely difficult to use on a mobile platform."

... and got back an error page. Seems like they are having some struggles with the IT side of things.

FWIW, the Internet is "data." If you have access ti the Internet on your phone, you are accessing and using data.

Not sure why you bring that up ??? I thought I was clear I'm looking for the Hodgden "load data" . Once that was established only using the word data should be good enough to follow the thread Y/N ? It's called load data when you read it from a manual as well correct ? I did write there phone in the first line by accident , maybe it should read "a" phone . I'll change that to be more clear and reread the OP and change anything else that does not seem clear enough to follow . ;):)

Last edited:
Bit of advice: Quit using Safari. I quit using it right after I got the phone. It was causing all kinds of problems getting on certain sites. Put Firefox on there and use Google as your search engine. I’ve had zero problems since.

Are you using ad blocker? I use safari and firefox focus as blocker.

If I want to search a website I turn off blocker first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure what Safari does as far as add blocking but duckduckgo blocks everything. It even shows who is trying to track you and blocks them . Here at the firing line they allow google and amazon to track every click you make .

Regardless I had always been able to log in to the load data section until today using either browser . Not so much now . My thinking is if add blockers are causing this , Hodgdon clearly has changed there webpage in a way to be monetized more and don’t want any blocking . Just keep in mind this means tracking you and every click you make .

Just recently can't download an app because my version is 12.5 and i need 13.2 version and it's not available for my older iphone 6 plus? Hate Apple. It's about time Apple will force us all to update to the latest phones.

That link works for me as well but is only for rifle data , I also need one for pistol and shotshell if possible Thanks :)

Just recently can't download an app because my version is 12.5 and i need 13.2 version and it's not available for my older iphone 6 plus? Hate Apple. It's about time Apple will force us all to update to the latest phones.

I have a Iphone 6 and haven't updated it in 3 years , maybe longer I'm on version 11.0.2 lol . I don't do apps anymore because they all want the app to access the internet to use even if it's a game of checkers against the computer . The reason is to monitor and sell your info .

Here's a couple screen grabs of my duckduckgo browser blocking other websites from monitoring what I'm doing on my phone .

Logging onto the firingline , Note the circle with the line through it on the top left ? That's my browser blocking google from knowing I just logged into the firing line .

9rbk6A.jpg

Here's another one , this is poolhost a sports betting/gaming website we use for football pools . Note they allow 4+ websites to monitor there users as my browser blocks them from seeing me log in at the top left .

8j5RiY.png

Last edited:
Some kid working for Hodgdon screwed up the website - very amaturish. I'm sure someone with a working brain will repair the site fairly soon.

I found if you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the data you want on the list where it says enter the reloading center there it works ok.

MG,

It's just word substitution at the end of the link:

https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/shotgun

Those all work and take you to the last version of the site where the "Buy Now" is at the right end of the screen instead of in the column after the powder name, as it is now. I don't know how long that old version will be maintained, though. I suggest you either go here to email them, or that you call them at (913) 362-9455 and let them know it's an issue.

Back