Candidate issue poll

lol, that's funny

I match Ron Paul 79% - no big surprise....

The funny part is the last place match, below ALL democrats, is John McCain at 0.36%. That's zero, zero, point 36 percent, only 1/3 of the way towards the level of my match with the second lowest, Mr. Sam Brownback, at 1.04%. :eek:

Gravel, Romney, & Guiliani are my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place behind Paul - but all three under 13%, so waaaaaay behind.

So if someone got a higher match than say, Paul, and still supported Paul anyway instead of the other guy, what is the thinking behind that? Why not support the guy you agree with more closely?

Or, if one guy came up as a good match but you didn't trust him, why not? And to what extent can you possibly trust anyone who you haven't personally known for along time?

I think some reasons you might support candidate "A" even if you get a better match for candidate "B" is because the poll doesn't take into account things like charisma, public speaking ability, prior political experience, consistency of positions, etc.

Good points. I was surprised that I agreed with Thompson more than I realized. Probably I was prejudiced against him because he looks like a walking cadaver.

Ron Paul 73% (pretty low for a high score).

Followed by Mike Gravel 72%... weird.

Bottom of the barrel was Giuliani, Thompson, and the big democrats. I guess I'll dislike the next president no matter the outcome of the election.

I'm not sure what the "do you support gun background checks?" question is all about...

Is somebody campaigning to get rid of the background check system? Seems like a dead issue.

Is somebody campaigning to get rid of the background check system?

Yeah, I am. You mean you haven't heard of my campaign?

We (and that's the royal "we" until someone else joins the campaign) believe that felons can get guns anyway, and spending a bunch of time and money checking the law abiding amounts to wasting a bunch of time and money. We (again, royal) are also a bit suspicious about how hard the gungrabbers fight whenever the issue of promptly destroying background check data comes up. They claim they don't want to DO anything with that info, but they sure don't want to get rid of it. Odd, isn't it?

Back