Canada Orders Sig P320(M17)Removed From Service

Instead of glock Leg we have Sig Leg

Nothing new, like the so called un-intended acceleration, people not used to a manual trany get on the wrong pedal and push it then swear they were on he brake (this is now refuted by the computer log so you don't see that claim anymore).

Reality is you cannot overcome an the brakes with anything less than like a 750 hp engine and then it barely drags along.

Most likely this is an ergonomics issue with a person not used to the goofy striker system (yes I think its the worst thing since using atomic bombs to make harbors)

Canucks did the right thing, but its classic glock Leg MO.
:rolleyes:
Unintended acceleration is caused by mechanical failure or people hitting the accelerator instead of the brake; not by people trying to stomp the clutch but hitting the brake instead.

750 hp, eh? And then "it barely drags along"? Have you driven a car on this planet?
Have you ever tried to stop a moving car stuck at full throttle?
The statements that you are making do not align with reality. They are so far from reality that no one else wanted to waste their time by addressing them.

There are two widely circulated videos of Sig 320s discharging while holstered, without the person's hands anywhere near them. Neither was found to have debris or foreign material near the triggers.
Wait for the facts, before blaming the person. The fault is usually the idiot holding the gun. But this model has proven to want to go full Taurus. Wait for the facts.

:rolleyes:
Unintended acceleration is caused by mechanical failure or people hitting the accelerator instead of the brake; not by people trying to stomp the clutch but hitting the brake instead.

750 hp, eh? And then "it barely drags along"? Have you driven a car on this planet?
Have you ever tried to stop a moving car stuck at full throttle?
The statements that you are making do not align with reality. They are so far from reality that no one else wanted to waste their time by addressing them.

There are two widely circulated videos of Sig 320s discharging while holstered, without the person's hands anywhere near them. Neither was found to have debris or foreign material near the triggers.
Wait for the facts, before blaming the person. The fault is usually the idiot holding the gun. But this model has proven to want to go full Taurus. Wait for the facts.

Can you link to the two videos you mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen that one too. I’m less inclined to believe the pistol discharged itself than something else, and I don’t remember there being any follow up to the original story.

Like most here, I’ve been around guns my entire life…I have never had one go off on its own…never. With that said and this is probably obvious…something got into the trigger area of the holster and when he bent over, he accentually pulled the trigger. Another thing…this will be a great training video of why one should not carry appendix, which was WAY TOO CLOSE to his femoral artery.

I’ve seen that one too. I’m less inclined to believe the pistol discharged itself than something else, and I don’t remember there being any follow up to the original story.
Just a guess, but he may have gotten a piece of cloth from his shirt inside the trigger guard.

The last video of the guy being shot in the groin. It looks to me like his undershirt may have been inside the holster. You see his undershirt. He makes sure the outer shirt is not in the holster. When he bent over the pulling up of the undershirt inside the holster pulled the trigger. The gun did exactly what it was designed to do. When the trigger is pulled with a round in the chamber it fires.

I have never had one go off on its own…never. With that said and this is probably obvious…something got into the trigger area of the holster and when he bent over, he accentually pulled the trigger. Another thing…this will be a great training video of why one should not carry appendix, which was WAY TOO CLOSE to his femoral artery.
My thoughts exactly as to cause and lessons to be learned...note especially that last sentence. Rod

I'm surprised that the US/CND Armies adopted the SIG P320 in the first place. Modularity counts for nothing if the firearm itself isn't safe/reliable, and the P320 along with SIG's P365 have been nothing but trouble right out of the gate. Granted that they seem to have worked all the bugs out of the P365 by now, but I'm not about to assume that the Canadian Military dropped a newly adopted pistol due to negligence/user error by a single soldier.

The US Army would have been better off sticking with the tried and true M9 by adopting the M9A3, IMO.

I'm surprised that the US/CND Armies adopted the SIG P320 in the first place. Modularity counts for nothing if the firearm itself isn't safe/reliable, and the P320 along with SIG's P365 have been nothing but trouble right out of the gate. Granted that they seem to have worked all the bugs out of the P365 by now, but I'm not about to assume that the Canadian Military dropped a newly adopted pistol due to negligence/user error by a single soldier.

The US Army would have been better off sticking with the tried and true M9 by adopting the M9A3, IMO.

Keep in mind it was pulled from service pending the investigation, not, to my knowledge, dropped entirely. The JTF-2 was also the only unit that had the pistol in its inventory, so the pistol being pulled when a member of that unit was wounded makes some sense to me.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/soldier-wounded-wrong-holster-1.5903723

Back