Can Level IIIA armor stop .357 mag fired from a carbine?

But what fun would that be!

As to the Sig 220, I am just not a Sig fan. They are usable & reliable, and great for those that like them. I would not feel underarmed with one, but I am not a fan. To me it is as if you bought a Ruger P-Series and had a good gunsmith take all the rough edges off. You would be left with a nice, accurate, reliable, big heavy gun, with a high bore axis, and for a lot of money. I wouldn't cry if I had to carry one, but wouldn't pay out for the privledge.

I like your CZ clone in the video. Those are pretty nice guns and I even had one for a while in 9mm. I'm going to go Glock for my 10mm because it will double as a duty pistol and the Glock weighs less.

Yeah, I'd like to get a G20 too. I wanted that Witness because I already have a few Glocks and I wanted something a little different. I like it.

Andrew Wiggin said:
Level IIIA soft armor is rated for 158 gr .357 mag at about 1,400* fps but a 16" carbine pushes that bullet about 400 fps faster. On the one hand, it is moving seriously fast, about 1,800 fps. On the other hand, It is a pistol bullet with a low sectional density compared to rifle bullets and a flat nose with exposed lead. Care to make a prediction?

I predict that it's already been tested extensively by the manufacturer and if you exceed ratings it is bound to fail. Maybe not 100% of the time, but it'll fail. Sectional density means very little in pistol bullets as they all have low sectional densities.

Seems like the 10mm might be mighty costly to shoot though. I wonder if anyone makes a .40 barrel for the G20? Might be nice on range day.

There are .40 conversions. Reloading isn't any more expensive than other calibers and loaded ammo is also about the same, if you buy from Underwood of Georgia Arms. Besides reasonably priced FMJ, Underwood sells premium JHP 50 round boxes for less than local retailers usually sell premium JHP 25 round boxes.

Back