Can I sell my beretta 93R?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends, you never said what form its registered with BATFE on.

Transferable? Pre or post may 1986 dealer sample?

Even if transferable, $70,000 is a bit "optimistic"

Well, seeing as how you asked I will respond without fear of a MOD deleting due to me telling you that your price is HIGH man. Yes you can sell it, but SEVEN-tee-THOUSAND? AMERICAN dollars? :eek:

Only to another SOT. How much it brings will depend on whether it's a pre- or post- sample.

It is generally accepted that there are a "few" transferable 93Rs in the Registry. Do you not agree?

Chipperman said:
It is generally accepted that there are a "few" transferable 93Rs in the Registry. Do you not agree?

I've heard those rumors too, but I don't see how it would be possible, unless they were made at the Accokeek plant prior to May of '86.

AFAIK, they were all Italian-made guns, which means pre- sample, at best.

James D. Julia has a pre- sample up for sale (item 1037) that is expected to go for $13k-$17k.

I'd heard rumors of a transferrable selling in '01 for $35k, but I don't know how much faith I put in them...

I'd heard rumors of a transferrable selling in '01 for $35k, but I don't know how much faith I put in them

I've heard that as well. There certainly examples of well-connected people who have had guns allowed into the Registry post-86. Perhaps one or two 93Rs are among those. With that said, I've never seen a transferable 93R with my own eyes.

There is NO SUCH THING as a originial transferable 93R... it would have had to be imported prior to 1968, which is immpossible OR manufactured in the US... which they never were...

While there probably are not be any factory originals, there are at least 2 or 3 93R kits that were built onto Taurus receivers and are transferrable here in the US.

David Hineline said:
While there probably are not be any factory originals, there are at least 2 or 3 93R kits that were built onto Taurus receivers and are transferrable here in the US.

That sounds plausible. It'd certainly be one way to do it, and would account for the persistent rumors of transferable 93R's.

The unit is NOT in the U.S.

The unit is in the Philippines. Please call me for more information. Thanks

Mayor Hector Villanueva
Bais City, Philippines
+63 35 541 3193

cnolan,

Unfortunately, nobody in the US will really be able to buy your gun. An SOT might be able to import it as a post- sample, but it would probably only bring a tenth of your initial guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back