Can anyone provide some info for these rifles?

When you get your pictures ready, you should just post them in a new thread, and let this ancient thread go back to its grave. You will get a far better response that way as no one will have to read through old material that is not all that relevant and certainly not up to date. As they say, a good picture is worth a thousand words.

Carlah I replied to your post in the training section.

Springfield 1903 I have 2, one serial #1439856 the other I will supply of requested. Trying to find the value. Excellent condition, no rust. My dad had them from WW 1 & 2. He took very good care of them. No rust. I would like to know what the current value is on the two rifles.

Your rifle was made in 1933,

To get the info you want check out the CMP

http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79

If you want the date of your second rifle, and don't want to list the serial number here, pm me and I will get it for you,

If they are 7 digits serial numbers they probably weren't WWI rifles.

The first serial number of 1918 was 761758, 1919 started with serial number 1, 055,092

value of a 1903 Springfield! I have one, my favorite trigger of all my rifles and it's still military 2 stage. Thing with it is, a close friend had it customized as his out of service present in 1946 by Paul Jaeger. Had it appraised about 1995 at $7500! Blew me away! But it is a great rifle! I've never hunted with it worth to much to take it out there. I fool with it now and then with cast bullet's, barrel badly pitted from corrosive primer's, my friend shot a lot of them! But with cast and cup and core bullet's it'll still shoot extremely well. Buy the way, in 1946 it cost $500 after customizing!

Back