Can anyone provide some info for these rifles?

hello all, im brand new to the forum and id like some information regarding these weapons
id like to know:
when they were made
how rare or uncommon they are
their approx. value
what they were used for
ex military or not

1918 Springfield model 1903 30-06, the barrel on this gun is bsolutely spotless, very clean rifling, in comparison its as clean as my dads 3yr old savage 30-06

remington model 10-a, my great grandfthers gun, great grandpa was born in 1902, this gun is very clean as well, i was very impressed when i cleaned it for the first time

Last edited:
Your pics weren't linked correctly, so it's hard to tell condition and appearamce of your guns. However, the Springfield 1903 was first approved for issue in 1903, and was produced more or less continusously by several armories in a couple of configurations until the beginning of WW2, when production of the M1 Garand became more critical and filled the available production capacity of US weapons plants. I am not sure how you got the date for your rifle as 1918, but there are many references for when Springfiled rifles were produced based on the serial number of the rifle. The Springfield was one of the two major battle rifles issued for WW1, and continued in service after WW1 and well into WW2. Value depends on condition of the rifle, originality of the rifle, and scarcity of the rifle, but in general ranges from $500 for a sporterized but restorable Springfield to over $2000 for an unusual specimen. There are a few Springfield experts on this forum, so I am sure they will chime in.

The Remington 10A is a field grade example of Remington's first pump shotgun, produced from 1908 to 1929 (according to Remington). It has a peculiar feed/eject mechanism, as you may have noticed. Remington made 275,600 of them, all in 12 gauge. It was replaced by the Model 17, Model 29, the popular Model 31, and eventually the 870 Wingmaster. There are no parts available, so most are no longer in use. I have seen several very fine examples seling in the $250 range.
http://www.remington.com/library/history/firearm_models/shotguns/model_10.asp

Your Springfield there #127XXXX is somewhat modified and worth somewhere in the $300 to $500 dollar range if my local stores are anything to go by.

My Springfield is only a little younger than yours at 1,280,XXX, but they shoot incredibly well at any yardage. BUt peeps and a pie plate at 200 yards are easy schmeasy :) You almost gotta try to miss them. But Deer at or over 200 are a rare occurrence.

Sure we can.

But first you gotta tell us what you're asking for them so we can either support or pull apart your claim to that amount...

well, not to be pushy, but what was his offer? Sounds like you're in the mood to accept it, and it wouldn't hurt to tell would it?

Or do you want to keep quiet because he gave you a "range" he would pay depending on the condition, and you're hoping it's better than he can imagine and he's hoping he can talk you down to his bottom dollar?

K

Why would you telling the asking price here make the deal fall through? That's silly I think...
If the guy don't' want it or does want it, it shouldn't matter how many people in the world know about the asking price...

Just us knowing isn't going to make you sell it to someone else, and nobody's likely to berate you for selling to high or to low... It IS your gun after all...

Did you sell it yet?

Springfield 1903 set #1439856 trying to find the value

Springfield 1903 I have 2, one serial #1439856 the other I will supply of requested. Trying to find the value. Excellent condition, no rust. My dad had them from WW 1 & 2. He took very good care of them. No rust. I would like to know what the current value is on the two rifles.

Back