Can anyone help me identify this K98?

I know its not, from reading the above post, but it sure looks similar to a VZ-24.
Anyway, great looking rifle, and you cant beat the price.

its definately NOT a KAR98AZ I have one. erfurt 1917, its a family heirloom brought back from ww1 by my great grandfather as a war trophy.

im gonna side with Tater134 im thinking polish. ur stacking hook under the bayonette lung is wrong for a greman.

attached are some pics of mine

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Hi, Thorn74,

What is the marking on yours? Is it "Kar. 98"?

I really don't know what that gun is. I tend to think it is something put together in recent years to sell as something rare and valuable. It is rare, but I don't think valuable.

Jim

Jim Keenan
Hi, Thorn74,

What is the marking on yours? Is it "Kar. 98"?

I really don't know what that gun is. I tend to think it is something put together in recent years to sell as something rare and valuable. It is rare, but I don't think valuable.

Jim

Yes mine is marked Kar98. the designation A and AZ were added AFTER ww1. My kar is all numbers matching, plus i have the bayonette. The bayonette has a bullet ding in the scabbard, its pretty kool. mine is definatly genuine. it was a war trophy brought back by my great grandfather.

I only recently cleaned it out and fire her on the range. only 15 rounds so far, but she worked like a champ. the barrel looks brandnew on the inside.

as to the value, im not sure of the monetary value. to me its priceless family history.

Back