Calling all NAA fans.

I have a few, put some stag grips on them and they are sweet. Love the 22mag, used it for many years as a carry when wearing work out attire.

TO ANYONE who thinks an NAA mini-revolver can't kill or be effective for defense, look up the Trooper Mark Coates shooting.

The are HIGHLY EFFECTIVE defensive handguns, and are super small and packable. Great guns.

I'm quite familiar with Trooper Coates' death.

do not confuse the effectiveness of a round with the effectiveness of the gun. by today's standards the NAA guns are not effective or efficient, though they are well made. the .22lr/.22mag effectiveness also depends upon what its compared to.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180207_211002.jpg
    20180207_211002.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 653
  • 20180207_211223.jpg
    20180207_211223.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 671
I have a Sidewinder .22 mag, it is always in my pocket no matter what else I may be carrying at the moment.

My brothers have NAA revolvers, a Mini and a Black Widow. Also, my dad carried a Black Widow up until the day he passed. I guess we are an NAA family.

They grow on you, last year I got one and recently picked up the Pug.
The shop originally ordered the wrong one so I am stuck with a 1 5/8 barrel but it works and I like it. Lock up is very tight only put about 50 rounds through it so far. I don't want to shoot this little one up a lot to wear it out. Gunswebsites showed one in his video and it was very loose after 1,000's of rounds? These are self defense tools not range toys all the time. The pug I have not shot yet but it's a bit bigger with combo 22mag/22lr and glow in the dark front sight. I really like the pug over my 1 5/8th barrel mini 22lr. It's more beefy (wider just a bit) I still wouldn't want to be shooting 100's of rounds through these. I just want to get around 100-200 rounds out of each to know how they function.

I heard theres a top break model but I can't find any in stock. That's on my wish list for Christmas.

They grow on you, last year I got one and recently picked up the Pug.

The shop originally ordered the wrong one so I am stuck with a 1 5/8 barrel but it works and I like it. Lock up is very tight only put about 50 rounds through it so far. I don't want to shoot this little one up a lot to wear it out. Gunswebsites showed one in his video and it was very loose after 1,000's of rounds? These are self defense tools not range toys all the time. The pug I have not shot yet but it's a bit bigger with combo 22mag/22lr and glow in the dark front sight. I really like the pug over my 1 5/8th barrel mini 22lr. It's more beefy (wider just a bit) I still wouldn't want to be shooting 100's of rounds through these. I just want to get around 100-200 rounds out of each to know how they function.

I heard theres a top break model but I can't find any in stock. That's on my wish list for Christmas.

I have shot over a thousand rounds in one and a couple of hundred in the other.

The only thing I read is that the spring may need to be replace after 5000 rounds.

Because it’s a tiny gun, I practice to test its limits and my abilities on how far/fast I can shoot it. One handed point shooting, I can hit out to 10 yards easily. Beyond that it’s going to require aiming.

Instagram: MuzzleblastMD

I love my minis. I currently own 3 Sidewinder's, a 2.5" and 2 of the 1.5" models. I also have a Black Widow. I often carry one or two of them at a time. I always have one as a backup no matter what else I'm carrying.

I'm quite familiar with Trooper Coates' death.

do not confuse the effectiveness of a round with the effectiveness of the gun. by today's standards the NAA guns are not effective or efficient, though they are well made. the .22lr/.22mag effectiveness also depends upon what its compared to.

Why would it be less effective today, are humans tougher than in years' past?
Compared to a modern 9mm defense load I totally agree that a .22 is less effective, but less effective is not the same as "not effective"

I regularly carry my .22lr with the 1-1/8" barrel when I'm at home. Sometimes I even leave the house with it when even my LCP is too big.

Attachments

• NAA Mini.jpg
    NAA Mini.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 28
  • NAA Mini2.jpg
    NAA Mini2.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 25
Why would it be less effective today, are humans tougher than in years' past?
Compared to a modern 9mm defense load I totally agree that a .22 is less effective, but less effective is not the same as "not effective"

in the day when a two shot derringer in .22xyz was about as small as you could go a 5 shot S/A mini revolver was effective in comparison. not so compared to its competition today. the NAA mini revolvers are slow into action and slow to reload compared to what they have to compete against. that's what I mean.

I would be interested in knowing how well people can draw the gun quickly and fire several shots very quickly with combat accuracy.

Depends on what you call combat accurate. Within 3 feet I'm going to hit what I need to. The gun is capable of longer shots, but it requires holding the gun in my strong hand, having time to line of the front sight with the top ridge of the barrel, and then pulling the trigger with the index finger on my weak hand .

Since I consider these to be belly guns, I practice a draw and fire with one hand at arms length distances.

Back