Calling all Louisiana TFL'ers...

Preacherman is right.................let us know if you are interested. I was very happy to see all the Louisiana members that did post here. As great a hunting and shooting state as this is I am proud to see a lot of members from here.

I may be scarce for a while................got called back to work by the company I retired from in 1999 (ChevronTexaco). I told them to make an offer and they did and I went :D.

The biggest problem may be finding a range. The Iberia Parish Sheriff's dept. has one but its small and not suitable at all. Its on the parish prison grounds, and even though it was supposed to be open to the public I am not sure if it is or not.

I was offshore for the last 2 weeks and came in last Saturday. Will be leaving again on the morning of the 2nd. for about 3 weeks or so. Will take Christmas week off then go back out till mid Jan or so. After that it will be on and off (more off than on I hope ;))

It was so good to be back there again, after 10 minutes on the platform it was as if i had never left. I got the same feeling early in 2001 when I went to work in Syria.............the first rig I stepped on it was as if I had never left :).

When I am in I am willing to do what I can to make this a success.

God bless all of you................and have a great Thanksgiving,

Now I have 3 whole pork loins to stuff. I am going to pot roast them tomorrow so they will be very tender and tasty for Thursday.

Cest Ce Bon!!!!!!!

Had to edit this..................wife just got in from the store with TWO more prok loins...............said she had to be sure there was enough! :D Oh well 5 cooks just as easy as 3 just need 2 more pots!

Last edited:
I might find myself able to attend. Just found out I may be in that area in Dec. Spring semester starts Jan 11, its a maybe. I've been craving Gumbo ;)

Depends on a job thingy.

A word of advice: Once you pick a date, put the date and location under your signature, so that everytime you post on TFL, you put up a flag for local members to see.

Glad to see more and more TFL members are getting together.:cool:

Driving back into town, I drove past/remembered the existance of another National Guard base which could work. Camp Villere is south of Hammond, down towards Slidell. It's probably as close to NOLA as you're going to get around Mardi Gras and it has a full compliment of ranges, as I recall.

Well guys, are we still going to get a shoot together? I would still like to get this shoot together, what do ya'll think?

I'm still in--my email address is in my profile. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Back