California ammo ban...

Remember when Arnold signed that bill last year declaring Californians had a right to bear arms? Well, the left has abandoned that tactic and now are focused on taking away the ammo. There was talk about amending the condor preservation bill to include any bird of prey, I.E. lead would be forbidden to be used ANYWHERE birds of prey live in the state .

Why not? I'd think anyone interested in hunting would also want to make sure their kids and their grandkids have a clean environment left to hunt in. Personally I've abandoned using anything but steel or other non-toxic shot in my 12 gauge, and I've been buying mil-surplus 7.62x51mm rounds for my rifle--steel jacket means less lead in the total mass and less likely to leak. Hevi-Shot proves that non-toxic lead alternatives are available, they're just not commoditized yet so they're not as cheap as they should be. I look forward to when I can play with cheap buckshot without wondering if I'm poisoning the groundwater.

Thanks Manny for keeping us up to date. I have contacted each of them through the CA NRA site many times, about this and other proposed gun control. More of us need to speak up, loudly and repeatedly without rest, cause the other side doesn't rest. They want us to be without guns, we want to keep our guns (and ammo) and buy more. One of us has to win...

Why not? I'd think anyone interested in hunting would also want to make sure their kids and their grandkids have a clean environment left to hunt in.

It's a gun grab disguised as an environmntal issue, that's why.

Lead is a substance that is naturally found in the environment. There are many things that are detrimenatal to the environment--like India's and China's massive pollution of the atmosphere. The destruction of the rain forests (which includes burning), massive nuclear waste hazards in Russia, etc., etc., without buying into lead as an environmental polluter justifying outlawing ammunition as just one more step towards completely destroying your gun rights.

Hasn't their intent been evident for a long time now, even without their current gem of a massive restriction?

Do you know of confirmed case of a Condor dying from eating meat shot with a bullet?

Waterfowl are different, since their feeding habits result in them ingesting pieces of lead shot that accumulate in the mud at the bottom of marshes in CONCENTRATED amounts. Non lead shot has been a requirement for a long time, and is justified. Non toxic ammo is als good for use on indoor ranges where powder and primer compounds are a concern, along with lead. However, with proper ventilation, I think indoor ranges are still safe without a "Green Range" requirement.

It's Arnold that needs to hear from Californians. The politicians are interested in their agenda's, not your rights.

Last edited:
ADB I feel for you, I was born and raised in Jersey City, NJ and grew up hunting nothing but shotgun in the catskills and poconos twenty years ago. Well made the leap from the frying pan to the fire coming to California and the past 10 years has seen the environmental-fascists trying to "save us" from ourselves. Don't want to bore anyone but here goes... A few years ago the left in California said they wanted to raise gasoline taxes in order to institute a new chemical in said gas that would burn fuel cleaner for the environment. That passed, well a few years later it came to their attention that the additive, MTBE, was in fact leaching from the ground tanks and contaminating water tables. Back to the drawing board, they added more taxes on top of the original ones in order to clean up the mess and for litigation. That's what I think about their agenda and trying to keep the state from killing itself.
manny

Last edited:
Back