cabelas no powder

dr1445

i went by the ct cabelas to pick up some powder. the shelves were empty, bare of loose powder, all they had was some of those bricket things. might have some in feb they said. makes you wonder what kind of inventory control system they have, more likely one of those "just on time" delivery problems. meanwhile the local gun shop has pyrodex rs only for $25!

why not google small gun shops around the area.
Take care of mom and pop?

might not have Holy Black but might have some subs.

Cabelas is being rumored to be sold to bass Pro(we have to wait and see),
but they aren't the only horse in the race.

"I'm going to Hoffmann today if they are open. I'll look for powder though I don't need any"

hoffmann had pyrodex rs for $25, but that was a few weeks back. i am running low so i my have to pay their price.

Powder- ammo, caps, every thing is slow. My local dealer (only 3 miles away) is waiting on shipment of his black powder order, he has been out sense some won bought 15# for a cannon.

La poudre negro is a bit hard to find at times.

Persevere. Sometimes when you look for something, you find it in the most unlikely of places...

Hoffmanns has it. Yes it is pricey as is most of their stuff. Becoming increasingly dissatisfied with their sales staff too.

i have about 15oz of bh209 that came with a accura mr purchase, i can use that to punch some holes while waiting for cabelas to restock. i shoot loose powder with small rifle primers on a #11 nipple with a piece of plastic tubing except for my tc omega. the accura mr is for sale.

You can get all ya want through the mail, Graf's for less than 10lbs, Powder Inc. for more for best value.

No fooling around driving to stores with empty shelves.

Closest store to me stocking BP is over 2 hours away.

some of us would rather not have hundreds of $ tied up in inventory. if i wanted a large quantity i could buy subs locally for about the same price after you add the ship + haz fee. example olde E at powder inc is about $27/lb and pyrodex is $20/lb at the local cabelas and $25/ib at the gun shop for any quantity.

Real BP is great but Pyrodex is a really god subistute ans cleans up easier!
wE have a hard time getting the real stuff but substitutes especally Pyrodex woks well I. My RRmingtons and Navy's!
zvp

For $82.92 one can have the delivery driver drop 3lbs of genuine bp off at their front door.

For $93.72 one can have 3lbs of Goex Olde Eynsford delivered to their casa.

No driving around needlessly, no large amounts of money "tied up".

Three pounds of pure delight for less than a Benjamin! :D

Back