CA gun laws

Well, this was all pre-2005, so I have no idea how gun owners in Cali now view things.

One guy actually didn't think the NRA was extreme but the exact opposite. He blamed the NRA for not sponsoring more shooting schools and, based on that one observation, decided the NRA was in bed with the anti-gunners to keep things chugging along so as to get more money from membership fees. I tried to point out the progress being made at that time regarding CCW in other states and Florida's Castle Doctrine, but he wouldn't budge and felt that Clinton's AWB was proof that the NRA was basically powerless.

As for the others, they simply believed the media's portrayal of the NRA as a home for gun nuts. They considered themselves to be respectable gun owners, but anyone who got politically involved about guns was someone on the edge of extremism. Political activism was somehow unnecessary. "Things aren't as bad as all that" and "It will never happen" were pretty common statements. Frankly, I started out that way until I decided to investigate a little more.

I "crossed a line" when I joined the NRA and CRPA. The CRPA takes a lot of flak sometimes, but I think they do the best they can with what they have.

The best thing that can be said about CA gun laws is that they're overly restrictive and continue to get more restrictive. The liberal Kalifornicans who control the state like it that way.

You will have to pass through my state to get to California. In fact I am right next door as in Nevada. I am willing to make you a deal.

Drop off your noncalifornia compliant guns here with me. I'll give them a good home. My other guns are quite friendly and well welcome them. Heck, I'll even take them out to play once in awhile. Liberal visitation rights are part of the deal.

Ah darn it, roy reali beat me to it!

Thanks for all the info people! I thought I might have some kind of shot in hell, no pun intended, on getting it registered somehow there. Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for a new home. I really counted on getting away from the east coast for a while. Maybe I'll look somewhere in the SW Arizona or maybe Nevada.
I really cant understand this all too well how they can be so strict but yet everyone knows these guns exist there probably in the tonage somewhere. Makes absolutly no sense seeing that the Fed 1994 assualt weapons ban did absolutly nothing. You'd figure they'd learn... Honestly I feel bad the friggin CA police agencies can't handle themselves and thier felon's firearm capabilities and therefore the whole state pays the price. It's very sad. Not to mention they got the damn Terminator for a Govenor... Whatever! Really pissed me off knowing that some of the biggest military bases and not to mention all the hollywood props are in California. Now I know the laws regarding military bases like Pendleton and 29 Stumps are federal land but still....whatever! I'll stay where I am for a while and think this over more.

Killgore, what exactly are you trying to achieve by moving, other than getting away from the East Coast?

I'm in Georgia and will return to North Carolina as soon as my business here is completed. I love NC. That being said, GA is pretty good too. Things are trending positively, and I'd be happy to stay. I'm returning to NC only because I have family there. NC and GA might be worth considering for your purposes.

Hello people! I am new here and found out some great info so far. I need some help though...

I am a resident of Virginia currently and I am planning a move to the Sacramento area of California. Being ignorant until recetly I have not looked into CA's gun laws. I own a Bushmaster Xm15 series rifle. It's on the CA ban list as most of you know.

My question is, is there ANY possible way to own this gun in the state of California? I dont want to give up my favorite rifle and I wont move there if that's so. That's how much I believe it's such a crock of BS there because of the laws set into place during those LA shootouts a long time ago.

I have no problem legally registering or whatever may be needed to own my rifle and move to CA. Is it possible at all to bring this gun with me?

Why not just forget the federal republic of Kalyfornya and settle in Arizona, say in the Phoenix area, and bring your guns!! Arizona likes gun people:D

Store them in Nevada

There are companies in Nevada and other nearby States that provide secure, bonded private, and inexpensive storage of your precious firearms. Then you can visit them and take them out for a weekend once in a while.

Don't give up your hard earned collection, you may never get them back.

People in California need to get serious (like we ALL do everywhere) and get organized to vote these people out of office. If they are no longer legislators they can no longer pass silly laws.
The problem with that idea is that the legislature draws district lines to guarantee the most recent election's outcome - not a single incumbent was defeated, not a single seat changed hands.

405px-California_District_38_2004.png

In California, the voters don't choose the representatives, the representatives choose the voters.

"In California, the voters don't choose the representatives, the representatives choose the voters."

Absolutely true! And tortured Congressional districts like the one shown by mvpel are common in urban areas. As a matter of fact, I live in a fairly conservative *rural* area, and my district has been so heavily gerrymandered that I am lumped in with a left-wing city in another county.

Tim

Back