C&R renewal delays!

In my village when you contact the CLEO about firearms they set up a file, issue you a reference # and you get a return letter from the chief. Just wanted to know if they required a new notification letter every renewal.

It is required by the BATF on your renewal. Forgot which question, but there is a box to check about sending your CLEO a copy of the renewal form.
That's the Fed's requirement. What your CLEO does with it is up to them, and state and local law.
Lots of people get this question on the renewal way over blown. It doesn't say it has to be hand delivered, sent registered mail, requires an answer, or if you said pretty please may I. It just asks if you sent it.:D

My letter says :

'This is to inform you pursuant to the requirements of the BATF that my application for Curio and Relics Collector License (FFL03) has been submitted for renewal.'

Sign and date. Doesn't need to be any more than that.

ATF requires you to send notice of renewal to you local CLEO. Where I am blessed to live, they keep them all in "File 13," aka, "the circular file."

In fact, they are somewhat annoyed at ATF's directives to send these to them.

You do the CLEO letter with the initial application and each renewal.

'This is to inform you pursuant to the requirements of the BATF that my application for Curio and Relics Collector License (FFL03) has been submitted for renewal.'

Sign and date. Doesn't need to be any more than that

My letter has been non-existent!

The copy that is required to be sent with the question about sending a copy to the CLEO marked with a highlighter. Maybe a sticky note on top referring to the question. No letter, no signature, no date, no problem.
Of course where others live the CLEO may have his own rules, and regulations just to make things more difficult for people.

Back