C&R License

Thanks for correcting me...sub-senior moment...
Did my CCW and FFL at the same time...
Did have to send notification to the Sheriff's Office for the FFL, but the prints were for my CCW. Sorry about the misinformation.

FWIW, I did understand the "cop shop" reference, but there is no fingerprint requirement for a C&R, nor for carry permits in many/most states.

nor for carry permits in many/most states.

Learn something new every day....
I always assumed FL was one of the most liberal "shall issue" states...and the printing would have been part of the CCW permit process anywhere. Surprising to me that it's not a typical requirement in other states.

Like Bob A., I'm in Maryland and they pretty much ignore the C & R license which is a Federal license regarding intrastate transactions. States can regulate their intrastate transactions if they choose. Like many others, I don't buy any of my C & R handguns or rifles in Maryland; I get them online and delivered to my door, or go to gun shows or gun shops in PA, Virginia or Delaware and take the weapons with me. I even picked one up in North Carolina while travelling to Myrtle Beach. Always have a copy of my C & R license in my wallet, just in case!

Back