buying my first gun, want a shotgun combo, whats the best choice?

so I guess I shouldn't have bought it from a large, corporate store.....

she wont cycle, there is a small dent on the magazine tube and the spring hangs up. the spring follower got caught while my dad and I were trying to work some oil down there, initially figuring the spring and tube just wanted some oil until the entire gun got nice and broke in. was told they don't do returns and I have to go through weatherby. the sporting goods manager wasn't in today but I will be speaking to him directly.

so I will be pursuing customer satisfaction however I have to, weatherby hasn't emailed me back yet.

im sure its just a bad gun. I will figure it out, my brothers is fine.

otherwise I like the way it shoots, fits me well and seems to shoot true, ejects properly and the action is nice and smooth.

the old man broke out his wingmaster and we tried our hands at trap. glad I got a combo as we found a new hobby, trap is great fun. we each did 2 rounds of 25, that club drops one in the pipe at a time so my gun worked fine for it, fired every single shell and ejected a box of Federal field and range and a box of my uncles reloads. was totally in love until we went out in the woods at our neighbors hobby farm and discovered it not cycling. but it fires Hornady SST's just as well and I love my scope.

if weatherby treats me well with this I will still recommend this gun honestly. all stuff isn't made as well as it was before my time so good customer service is important. will post back as to how I make out.

just thought id post back as to how my experience went.

Weatherby took good care of me with this. Unfortunately I am a Canadian so the shop had to wait a month for the parts. but my gun came back with a new mag tube and it is now a beautiful gun for the price range. have shot numerous boxes of Challenger #9 target load without issue. Threw on a sling and hit the woods for deer season, didn't see a 1 deer but found the gun nice and light to carry. My brother shot a small 8 point buck with his, at a little over 100 yards.

really happy with my purchase. would recommend the Weatherby PA-08 slug gun combo to anyone.

LOL KCUB.

Great to hear about you experience. You should have a lot more hunting seasons to go, so I wouldn't worry about one dry year. Besides, your probably going to get some of your brothers Summer sausage.

This was good info, and a good thread. Very positive feedback from everyone and the OP.

Glad to hear that Weatherby squared you away.

Congrats on the shotgun.:)

Back