2:send back to be fixed

If not bad with new ammo
1: try differnt ammo until it fails again
Then
Send back

In the end always get good equipment...

and at least a 9mm

Snake

There are plenty of inexpensive guns that are quite good.
Inexpensive can be very different than cheaply made.
Price alone isn't always the criteria.

I agree. I researched and bought three inexpensive guns that have been reliable and accurate. I tended to ignore the gun snobs when I was researching as I did the fanatics on both sides. I am happy with my HiPoint C9, Phoenix HP-22 and Heritage Rough Rider. As to rifles, I like my 2 Marlins and one Henry.

ive owned a few SNS in my time, Jennings .22lr, Raven .25acp, Davis .32acp... etc. they all worked with standard RN ammo.

I did find that I would occasionally get ejection failures with cci aluminum case ammo. I found that the spend case would split regularly and "over expand" which probably cause extraction issues.

brass cased FMJ or Rem yellow jacket and vipers in the .22lr and nary a bobble.

cheap doesnt corelate to the actual cost.

Ive picked up 1400 dollar rifles at the gunstore and had those fancy smancy collapsable and adjustable stocks actually fall off, just from picking it up. Ive had one nice colt patrolman thingy that the adjustable stock BROKE when i pushed the button that lets you lengthen it. Really nice when it turns into an un registered short rifle...

more men were killed with $15 dollar rusted up percussion revolvers and mail in cartridge conversions of same then were killed with brand new 25 dollar colt saa's.

I can add a couple cents. Turns out, I ran into one about a year ago. A buddy of mine who I've bought a couple of guns off of in the past had recently just got back into it and only had a Cobra FS380, but needed to dump it for cash fast. $150 didn't sound like much for a gun with two boxes of ammo, so I said, "what the heck?". Setting the looks aside, I tried not to make any assumptions until I really knew if it worked or not. Let's be honest, it looks like a toaster shaped into something resembling a gun with a paper clip extractor. I could never get over the fact that it had no slide lock. It looked cheap. It felt cheap. Well, I finally got around to shooting it...

Three rounds. That's it. I had had it. It light struck and stovepiped every time, but seemed to go into battery on a second struck cartridge. I couldn't wait to get rid of it, and finally, months later, he begged for me to sell it back to him. I'm glad he was desparate, because there was no way I would've otherwise been able to get rid of it.

If you can't seem to part with it just yet, the gun SHOULD come with a lifetime warranty and they can probably get it up and running again. That's if you really want to get into that situation. If the opportunity presents itself, I say dump the gun and run. There are plenty of excellent DA type semi auto imports around right now in the $200-$300. That's plenty cheap for a life-saver for your girlfriend, who to you should be priceless.

Back