Bushnell Elite 4200 3X9X40 Riflescope Long Range Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are your Elite 4200's still accurate ? My rifle started having serious problems. Won't group at all. I have blamed the Elite scope yet, but I'm getting close.

Are your Elite 4200's still accurate ? My rifle started having serious problems. Won't group at all. I have blamed the Elite scope yet, but I'm getting close.
Mine crapped all over itself. (3-9x40mm)

To begin with, it was nowhere near as good as Bushnell and all of the reviewers made it out to be. It wasn't as crisp or clear as the scopes it competed with, nor was its low-light ability all that great. They look great in stores, but not in the real world.

And, when the zero started wandering and and the windage turret detent stopped working, I was done.
I made Bushnell eat it and give me a refund. I already hated the scope. There was no point in repairing it, just to still be dissatisfied. Only a refund would make it better. :(

My thoughts, as of about 6 months prior to this thread's original post:
FrankenMauser said:
The only nice thing I can say about my 4200 Elite, is that Bushnell is supposed to have a refund check on its way to me. The 3200 and 4200 series are not worth the price. I thought my 4200 was pretty decent, initially... ...but began hating the scope, the longer I had it, and the more I used it in field conditions. Clarity and light transmission just weren't up to what a scope of that price should have. In addition, my 4200 had a wandering zero...
It's a low quality $150 scope with half-decent glass, but priced as a $450 scope with excellent glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back