Buffalo Bore +P Loads out of a Bond Arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim March said:
45LC "Modern" loads: in any sane world these would be +P, except that these came AFTER the +P loads below. These "modern standard" are OK in Colt SAAs from after WW2, the Ruger New Vaquero, the various Italian solid-frame Colt SAA clones, etc. Loads involve 200gr JHPs/JSPs doing 1,100fps, or hardcast 255s doing 1,000fps. Pressure peaks at 22k. *Probably* fine in a Bond Arms. A good clue is, if the gun also ships as a 45ACP (peak pressure is 22k) the same gun can cope with 22k 45LC loads. Cor-Bon calls at least one of these loads (their "combat load" 200gr JHP) "+P" - incorrectly in my opinion.
Jim, could you give us a list of factory ammo that qualifies as a "Modern" .45 Colt?

You can read more about modern revolvers and the 45 Colt here...

http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazine/PDF/HL 246partial.pdf

From the article by Brian Pearce. Read the whole thing. Note his description of level 1, 2 and 3 loads.

Loads in the 20,000 psi range
will prove useful for U.S. Fire
Arms revolvers that are 100 percent
American made (after the
year 2000), Colt New Service,
Ruger New Vaquero and Smith &
Wesson post-World War II NFrames,
including Models 25 and
625 Mountain Guns. Loads in
the 32,000 CUP range should be
limited to Ruger Blackhawk, Vaquero,
Colt Anaconda or other
modern revolvers designed to
stand up to this pressure level.
The Freedom Arms Model 83,
Ruger Redhawk and Super Redhawk
are capable of handling
much greater pressure than will
be presented here but are safe
with all loads listed.

tipoc

ouch!

A good friend, who happens to be the dean of a prestigous, university had a derringer in .45-70.

After the first shot we had to drop him off at the ER for surgical repair of the webbing of his hand. Lots of damage.

Why would you want to fire a .45Colt +P in a derringer anyway>

A good friend, who happens to be the dean of a prestigous, university had a derringer in .45-70.

Which reinforces the truth that a college education and smarts/intelligence are not directly related. :D

tipoc

Zombie

4.5 year old thread has been resurrected and I bumped it.
To contribute something of worth.... LCP > derringer.

Powder

A .45-70 derringer? Sheesh if the bullet don't stop em, perhaps the cloud of unburned powder will.

ANn yes I've seen the you tube videos of African caliber handguns I think it was a .470 or some such. You can shoot it, I shall watch, and if you are nice I'll even bring you to the ER afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back