Buffalo Bore Ammo

Buffalo Bore takes off-the-shelf components, loads them to maximum pressures, markets and sells them at premium prices to people who don't know anything about terminal ballistics.
?? I think most people buy that kind of ammo BECAUSE they have a better understanding of terminal ballistics--or are you saying it's way more than what you believe most people need?

I'm only stating the obvious. Any guy in his garage with a reloading press can reproduce exactly what Buffalo Bore produces. If you want to trust a non-engineered and untested product, go right ahead.

Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger, Federal HST, these are all quality engineered bullets that were developed, tested under many different conditions, and refined through numerous iterations. The end result has been tested on the streets. They work. That's plenty good enough for me.

Buffalo Bore has been caught "cooking" their ammunition specs-selling overpressure ammo as standard pressure. BB is all marketing hype. I wouldn't put it in my gun.

It isn't just Buffalo Bore. I remember at one time when Gold Dot bullets were hard if not impossible to get, Mike Mcnett at Doubletap was loading Montana Gold hollowpoints and calling that stuff premium self-defense ammo. Totally ridiculous and unethical. Ask around, I'm not making that up. Maybe he still does, I don't know. He'll never see a nickel of my money. And yet he had the proverbial line out the door with people tripping over each other to snatch it up. There's a sucker born every minute.

That is a broad generalization. I agree that some shooters may buy BB because it makes a big boom, but there is also a practical application for a cartridge that is simply loaded hot. Their 180 gr hard cast, 357 mag for example, is a good hunting load. I have used it in my 6 inch 686.

This is the most accidentally controversial post I've ever done. Maybe I'll title my next one "Taurus is better than Ruger" or something. You guys are fun.

This is the most accidentally controversial post I've ever done. Maybe I'll title my next one "Taurus is better than Ruger" or something. You guys are fun.
We don't believe that for a second--we know you are a shill for the League of Shadows.

That's how mine are / have always been too. They're a little rough. Not smooth and shiny. That's how they are. They run like champs. I just shot a box through my P229. I had 20 rounds in my 20 round P226 magazine in the car for a little while. I had the 120-something grain +p+ penetrators. They bark real nicely in other guns, but in my 229 they were smooth like standard pressure.

No worries man, just how they do it.

That is a broad generalization. I agree that some shooters may buy BB because it makes a big boom, but there is also a practical application for a cartridge that is simply loaded hot. Their 180 gr hard cast, 357 mag for example, is a good hunting load. I have used it in my 6 inch 686.

Agreed. I originally purchase them as a hunting load for my sidearm when I didn't have a .45 at the time. Then they moved to my vehicle for worst case scenario situations. They're top notch. Just look a little more rough.

Back