Browning Black Label 1911-.380

Well it shoots true with Monarch steel cased garbage can ammo. I ran it at the indoor range here in town, as it was 104 humidity in the 65% range outside. At 15 yards I was easily able to keep all shots inside the 8 ring on a standard B27. Even at a rapid rate of fire. Recoil impulse is low. My wife likes it very much. I will run some of my reloads through it sometime in the future.(100 Berry's plated bullet with 3.0 grans of Win231.)

It is a good balance between light weight, and low recoil. Still having enough site radius to shoot accurately at farther than belt buckle distance with high accuracy. There is enough grip for someone with smaller hands to get a good full grip on.

Browning 1911 .380 Pro with 4.25 barrel, G10 grips and rail, came with steel three dot combat sights and two magazines.

My only complaint was that in a right handed grip when taking my index finger off the trigger, my index finger had an occasional tendency to bump up against the slide lock pin causing it to get pushed out a tad and jam up the action.

Other than that annoying issue, the pistol is great fun. Then again I've always had a soft spot (in my head maybe) for plinking around with not-too-small .380 automatics. Wife loved it as a step up from learning on her .22 pistols.

"Interesting. In that size gun, I'd rather have the .45 for increased drop factor".

Mine fits in the same holster as my Kimber Micro 380.
My .45 1911 won't do that.

Back