Browning BDA .380

Ibmikey said:
As has been mentioned several times before there are many locked breech pistols that are more concealable, have the same caliber, less recoil, better sights and will hold up just as well being shot a lot so why not go modern.

I've had several small .380s, including the Kel-Tec P3AT and the Runger LCP. (Had a little Kelgren .380, too.) I didn't enjoy them, but there are times when they fill a need nothing else will fill.

I just ordered a Remington RM380. (It's a version of the RohrBaugh P380 which got good reviews.

I got the one with a polymer frame, and it may give me the same trouble the Kel-Tec P3AT did -- slammed my trigger finger during recoil. (If so, I'll probably use a heat gun to ENLARGE the trigger guard a bit.)

After ordering, I wondered if I should have gotten a metal framed version... Too late, now. Here's a review of the Rohrbaugh 380 from the web: https://www.guns.com/news/review/rohrbaugh-r380-review-what-the-r9-shouldve-been

I don't expect FN to come up with a small .380.

Picked up my RM380 today. Found that while I had thought I was getting a polymer-framed model (the descriptions were less clear than I thought), only the grips are polymer. Other, pricier versions have very nice wood grips, some of them quite attractive. And because the frame isn't polymer, I don't anticipate the same sort of frame "give" that caused the trigger guard to hit my trigger finger with the P3AT.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to try it out in the next couple of days.

My only complaint about the 84/BDA is the prices on them. My 84 and 85 were surplus. Nice shape, but pretty pricey for 25+ year old surplus. The 84 could almost pass as new, if you don't look too closely, but the 85 has some bluing loss on the edges. I did well shooting them both, and as expected, they ate everything I put through them without any complaints. Just like all my 92's did.

Back