Browning 375 H&H vs. Ruger 375 H&H

Ok then...between the Winchester Safari Express and the Ruger -- which is better? More accurate? Stronger? I imagine reliability is the same, but what about maintainance?

Weegee...you are cruel! haha How does the guy usually take it?

BigG...I do not plan to mount a scope for some time. But when I do I will take you advice and put it into practice! Thanks!!

One other thing, what is reloading like for this cartridge? What are the increase in savings and versatility like?

Hueco

The Winchester .375 H&H Mag Classic Stainless is one desirable rifle. However, I agree with the above post that the synthetic stock is too lightweight and I would further agree that the Microfit (black) laminate with a decellerator pad would make a great replacement.

I might add lead shot to the bedding in the forend instead of the butt and attempt to "balance" the rifle just ahead of the trigger guard. I might add lead to both butt and forend if I were concerned with recoil (and I am)- in fact, I might even have it magnaported.

I'd go with a peep sight which could mount in the scope mount holes and not require any farther drilling and tapping to that beautiful action...

You should end up with a 10lb. gun which will feel like and 8lb. gun because of the central balance...

Stick with factory loads if hunting dangerous game and forget about saving money if you're shooting the big bores... I can't but help to see myself shooting silver dollars over the hill...

[This message has been edited by DeBee (edited February 22, 2000).]

Well, I have pretty much decided to go with the Ruger if I am going to do a big rifle. I just like the looks of it! It's going to be a LONG month of waiting....

Hueco

Hueco:

Go for the Ruger #1. Your shoot mates will hold you in even more awe.....

Mine shoot better than the bolt guns..personal opinion from what I have seen but each gun is an individual.

If you want to go all the way go to www.superiorammo.com.

They can make you anything you want and will work out loads for your gun.

Huntschool
Let me know what happens.

I am counting off the days.... This sure is going to be a long 4 weeks. I am probably being silly, but now I am pondering getting the #1 in (gulp) .458 win mag. Am I asking for punishment with no added "fun?" Yeah, the ammo is more $$$. The kick harder. The sound greater. Well...two outta three seem like they would be more fun. :) My philosophy is "if I am gonna do it, DO IT!" What are your thoughts?

Hueco

Back