Brought my Osprey45 home today!

VUPDblue

Finally, 3 weeks after approval, ATF decided that it was time to mail the thing out:rolleyes: I'm happy as a clam! Thanks Silencerco!
IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

Yes it is a Storm Lake barrel. The whole setup is very nice. I have ~1k rounds through it so far and it still makes me smile.

I've been running Rem. UMC and Federal 230gr ball. I will be trying some handloads soon to try and get the sound signature down as much as possible.

I understand it is not movie quiet, but with the factory ammo is it safe to shoot without hearing protection if you had to and not have your ears ringing???

It is hearing safe. I went out yesterday to just shoot suppressed and I went from the Osprey to .22lr without a suppressor and the .22 was just obnoxious:D

If I had it my way (and if I could afford it) I would never shoot un-suppressed again!:p

now ya need to get a 1/2-28 piston for any 9mm you have. My Osprey 45 is sick quiet shot through with my Glock 9mm. Also if you have a big bore carbine the fixed spacer that replaces the spring in the Osprey allows ya to fire any longgun. Osprey 45 is easily the greatest pistol can ever made, imo.:D

I'm thinking about getting the 9mm piston. I don't shoot suppressed 9mm much but I am considering doing it more now that I have the Osprey. As of now the only 9mm host that I have is a Beretta92. I have a couple 9mm M&Ps that are candidates for threaded barrels if I like how the Osprey sounds on a 9mm.

VUP, if you are satisfied with it on your 45 then you will be very much with a 9mm. Despite the 45 cal hole, all that extra volume suppresses really well on a 9mm. Theres some youtube videos by Silencerco of sub calibers shot through the 45 Osprey and its only a few dbs louder than the dedicated caliber 9mm Osprey. 9mm is cheaper to shoot, but it can be a challenge to find 147-158 grain at times

DD, generally all sights equal or clear the Osprey. The shortest sub-compact Glock sights fall just short of the top of my Osprey, but sighting your object is no problem to me with my Glock 26. None of the cylinder shaped(99% of all silencers) come even close to clearing a standard sight. Another great feature of the Osprey:)

The sights on my M&P do not clear the Osprey. The are right along the top edge of the can and are still easy to acquire/use.

I have seen the Silencerco vids of the subcalibers being shot through the 45Osprey. I like them:D That said, I will likely be getting a 9mm piston for mine so that I can add a bit of versatility. 147gr ammo is no big deal for me. I have a decent stock of it to last me for a while;)

What is the MSRP on this can? I've got a few AAC cans, but I haven't heard of Silencerco. My buddy has a Gemtec 9mm can, but this would be ideal if I could use it on 45 and 9mm.

edit: I see they're a new company, but I can't get to their website here at work due to filtration. :mad:

I believe the MSRP on the Osprey is $849. That said, the going price for them seems to be in the $750 range...YMMV

Back