Broomhandle question

80Viking, I shoot an original 1930 Commercial BH. There is no non-butchering way of adjusting for windage that I can see.

Levallois, I absolutely love the holster / gun combo! So incongrous it's awesome. Western leather for a very European gun! Any story behind this rig?
The only plausible one I see is someone returning to the ranch with their war trophy broomhandle.

Andy

farmall,

The broomie in the above photo was sold by Westley Richards in January 1900 - it was manufactured in 1899.

The rig did not come with the gun. I have never seen another Heiser holster like this for a Broomhandle so is it a custom? Who knows? However, they look like they were made for each other.

My other broomie looks good with it too. More western with the engraving and stag grips.

HeiserBroomhandle7-1.jpg

John

Levallois, remind me never to play poker with you! Stag grips and engraving???? Quite the hole card!:D

Can you post pics of the engraving? I'm really curious now.

Andy

It's an interesting gun - a local engraver that I showed it to, who is pretty good, gave the scrolling an 8 out of 10 and the animals a 6-7 out of 10

African lion on one side:

Mauser2.jpg

And American Eagle on the other:

Mauser1.jpg

It was brought in to a pawn shop here locally by an old guy who needed money. They didn't think to ask him about it. So, no history. When I saw it in the case, I had to have it. It wasn't cheap but when a standard Broomie is going for over $1K, I guess I did all right. I've never seen or heard of another like it.

Back