Brokaw: "I Would Be Nervous Going Into A Bar" In Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't patronize a bar that doesn't support Constitutional freedoms, or that has people on the door checking your beliefs or background before you can come in.

Defeats the point of a bar.

How obnoxious...and usually the argument is "Well, if someone gets drunk they'll shoot people up!"

Paying no attention, of course, to the fact that alcohol does not fundamentally alter character.

Most ranges prohibit alcohol.
Most racetracks prohibit drivers from consuming alcohol as well... Yet for some reason people are allowed to drink and drive as long as they are not intoxicated...

I guess people on racetracks sometimes drive a little more quickly. Near other people who are driving quickly. Which is why cars often have roll cages and drivers wear special suits and helmets.

It is inherently more dangerous than driving to the store.

Correct, and people who shoot at ranges tend to do inherently dangerous things, such as shooting near other people. Don't think there is much shooting involved while at a restaurant or bar...

Were you alluding to the fact that you don't think people should be able to carry in bars, or were you just making a point about ranges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back