Brian Aitken in New Jersey prison for legal firearms

Would it be safe to say, from some of what I've read in this thread, that if you own a handgun in New Jersey, and want to drive to Pennsylvania to visit some friends and possibly go shooting with them on private land, that you cannot "legally" possess your handgun in your car since you are not "moving, traveling to a range, or place of business"? Wow, talk about limits on freedom. I've been to New Jersey on several occasions for work. Nice place to visit in many areas, but I'd never live there. No offense meant to NJ residents, but I can't stomach my freedoms being restricted to such a degree. Minnesota has some odd laws, but nothing that drastic. Still, I'm considering a move to one of the Dakotas after I retire. Don't know what the wife will say about that, however.

Well, those of you who live in NJ need to jack up your judges & politicians before they start leading you around on leashes & have you sleeping in cages. I know this didn't happen overnight. Your liberties have been whittled down bit by bit over the years, as is generally the case. Many of your voters probably went along with it, "wanting to be safe". You are a largely urban state with many city dwellers that have little knowledge of firearms, except that it's only "those bad people" who have them. Am I somewhere close on this? I've known a few people from there, not many, but I'm sure some "Spirit of '76" is still there among some of you.

Back