Breaking clays alone?

I use a outters spring release thrower. I have it mounted on a table that I made. I have a cable attached to the trigger that runs down to a block of wood that pushes down like a peddle. This allows me to keep my gun at port arms or shouldered for the shot. The drawback is that you only get to shoot straight out shots. I could problably rig a remote, but I still would have to keep walking over to the launcher to reload it. For some things its better to have another person I guess.

BigD, thanks for the map' If you look up in the top north east corner you will see Plattsburgh that's about 10 miles from were I live, and as you can see most of the clubs are far away. But at my local gun club range we do have a high and low house, and also a trap house. There isn't anyone there to on site to let you use the range, for that matter over at the rifle range we don't have a range master either. We just come and shoot anytime we want as long as we pay our club dues. I could get contact with the club pres. and find who to see about using the skeet range, but since I just started shooting clays this winter I need more practice time.

I saw where you are, your town's website has some VERY neat pics fo the area - but look to VT and NH to the East and there might be a few that are reasonably close.
I am driving a little over an hour to go shoot sporting clays tomorrow for some practice. It is the closest to me, but I really like the game and am willing to drive that far.

yea Vt is a option, but the only way to get across the lake, and its a big lake is by ferry its $13,00 each way plus gas.maybe membership costs and the cost of a round, and ammo. I'm guessing 75 to $100.00 TO SHOOT IN vt. I like shooting, but that's pricy. When I go with a another guy. we set my launcher up behind the low house, which shields us and we work on crossing shots. but when i'm by my self its straight away shots

Back