Brass Frame old & unmarked 1851 Stripped

Syspila

I thought since you said the threads on the arbor were bad, that perhaps it was not going to be tight in the new(different)frame. Glad that it is tight. Do you think it is tight enough to stay tight after shooting?

Since you said there was no pin to secure the arbor, just tight threads, I presume you will use some Loctite or something on those threads and that the clocking is right on.

Sanding the trigger guard...

Is pretty normal.

Even new pistols sometimes come with a trigger guard that needs work. The process is easy, quick and simple.

Frame and Pin

No. I have a frame and pin...already there for the new assembly...I still have the old one, frame and cylinder pin, and want to play a bit and see if I can get some tool work and re-install the pin in the old frame with some sort of threaded round shim piece. Never quit! I have some other parts too!

Doc, yes...the frame edge will eventually be shaved/sanded...That will be in the finishing! Thanks. There are many small items to think about, just one at a time!

Old parts

Yes, earlier Doc was mentioning that he assembled a huge array of parts...I have some too...percussion pieces, revolvers, flints...not a huge amount but good enough to repair some things. I used to keep Dixie in business I felt! :D

Back