Brass catcher for pistol recommendations

I made one out of pvc piping and netting from lowes. Found the diagram on the net some where. Great for shooting from the bench and target shooting.

But now that I have started to "practice" more moving and shooting I just result to picking up brass :)

I fixed this problem years ago, and it works 100% of the time. Get a revolver. (Joking)

I was trying to figure out a way to catch my brass and found every way I tried really made shooting less fun and more of a project . It’s the very reason I in fact bought a revolver .

Why?

, I don't want to grab others brass as I can't be sure how many times it's been fired.

Brass longevity mostly depends upon the quality of the brass you start with.

"Good" pistol brass can typically last through an average of 35 to 45 reloads before it fails, but there are gross exceptions like Blazer that can be seen to fail on being fired only once. ( See pictures I have posted in the past )

So your best bet on safe reloads is sorting by head stamp and a good consistent reloading routine that involves repeated inspection.

My own reloading routine typically has me closely inspecting the round 5 to 7 times. 85% of the brass I scrap happens as I dry the brass coming out of the wet tumbler. The other 15% scrap happens on either side of the cleaning process.

As for keeping track of how often I've shot a particular piece of brass - I have yet to find a means that isn't intolerable for me to keep track of.

I have looked at brass catchers in the past, but my glock throws brass in a 30 degree arc from straight up to 30 degrees to the right of the weapon so placing a box or some such doesn't yield any effective result. My carbine pretty much consistently drives the brass to the right.

As for putting a net frame on my weapons or my wrist - I don't want the off balance weight, the visual distraction to the overall sight picture, and the unrealistic feel of the weapon.

Last edited:
Never tried a brass catcher for pistols although I have seen a few.

I trained my kids as brass collectors. equally effective, and I get extras back that other people missed :)

Back