Brandishing!

I believe there was a case of a woman in Mass. that was being harrased by a truck driver while on the road and she held up her pistol to scare him off. He called the police and I believe she went to jail. There may be a link to this at the GOAL website.

Here's a recent horror story: BEYOND Brandishing!!!

One of my rehab patients, a fellow in a wheelchair due to a lumbar fusion gone bad, has the misfortune of having a former son in law with serious mental,moral, and impulse control problems; recently my patient and his wife were, legally, babysitting their grandchild, when the former son in law, illegally, demanded visitation. LongStoryShort, he threatened to run his car into my patient's home, and verbally threatened to "kill you and your whole family if you don't let me see my daughter."
The thug drove up my patient's driveway, pulled into his front yard and spun round and round, yelling obscenities out his window. My patient went to the front porch with an UNLOADED 357 in his hand, and told the thug to leave or he would kill him. This was after calling the sheriff, who basically said they could do nothing unless the thug had harmed someone.
The local sheriff's government thug (this patient lives in buttlick, TN were the genelines are thin) came and arrested my patient for assault with a deadly weapon. He was booked and released on bail and his gun was confiscated.

Hearing of this, I called NRA and SAF (two organizations upon which I dump serious money every year); both were very concerned but were in my opinion unhelpful/functionally useless. I finally got the patient hooked up with a lawyer who went to court with him two weeks ago. He got a
situation where if he has no problems with the son in law for 6 months, the charges are dropped; o/w, the charges are reapplied and he is tried for assault. This seems a major travesty to me, and if a frontier state like Tn is like this, God help anybody in a blue state or worse.

Any thoughts on this?
(Tennessee is supposedly a "Castle Doctrine" state wherein a man's home is his castle and he has the right to defend it; now I wonder. My personal attorney gave me a bunch of blah, blah about how this is a criminal matter, not a gun issue (yeah right!))

Back