Brand new guy here but long time milsurp collector

mtbikerwvu

Like I said, I am a newbie to this forum and wanted to say hello. I am a collector of wayward milsurps and I like to call them my misfit toys. I enjoy restoring and getting them back into shape. My most recent purchase is a Enfield No.4 Mk1 T with a missing No.32 scope which I will find. I try to collect a wide variety of arms but try to stay in the WWI and II time period.

IMG_3037.jpg

This rifle is only 2 days old in my collection so any information and or questions just jump in.:)

Do you have a TR stamp on the left wrist beneath the serial numbers, a T stamp near the ejector screw and does your serial number begin with a 3?

Tiki.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice looking (T). If you are contemplating buying one of the repro No32's I wouldn't. They look OK on a wall hanger but they do not track well. Wait till you find a real No32. You can get them rebuilt, there are a few old Brit armors around that offer this service.

Warren Wheatfield rebuilt mine, and it has been very usable, tracking is great. He de-laminated the lens and polished them, greatly improving clarity. Adjustments are firm and positive.

Serial number should start with a letter, not a number, like B310XX.

1944 No4 Mk1 (T) BSA
finished01.jpg

finished02.jpg

LOL, yes to all 3.:rolleyes: and yep, I will wait for a real No.32 scope to come along. Yours looks awesome! Yes the serial number begins with both a letter prefix and the number 3.:)

How hard are No.32 scopes to find in original working condition? I must admit the reproductions are tempting but I will wait for the right one.:D

Good to hear ... the reason I asked is because these rifles are prone to being faked, assuming you did your own due diligence.

Here's mine I restored from a barreled action ... 1944 BSA + No32 Mk1 with Case STG TEL No8 + Transit Chest + kit ...

pum44.jpg

2ik5o9l.jpg

1zgni9.jpg

2r7ssna.jpg

2zfsopk.jpg

2qny6pv.jpg

Tiki.

Yes I would like to eventually put it back to a full kit. I am starting to begin the search for the items I will need. Thanks!

I could sure use experts advice to find it all along the way. Is it easier to find parts and pieces in countries that used the Enfield as their main battle rifle? :D

Serial number should start with a letter, not a number, like B310XX.

Crate ...

I asked if the Serial number started with a 3 ... the letter prefix is not a number and is largely irrelevant to identifying BSA No4T's. It is the first number of the series that is key to their identity, that being more often than not, the number 3.

A serial number can have a letter prefix, but the letter prefix is not a number, it is merely part of the serial series. You will note also the Serial numbers on my No8 case match the correct number format for a No4T; ie, B33279. This was the tenor of my question ...

Tiki.

Last edited:
Back