• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Brand forums

So far I've had no difficulty in navigating, moderating or even contributing a little bit to the Rifle forum as it now is...

I always thought it wuz womenfolks that kept wanting to move the furniture around. :D A pore ol' fella staggers home in the dark and bangs his shin? Probably go to grumblin' and gritchin' and get all exercised about using "Delete!!!! and suchlike. Go to cacklin' in a plumb insane manner. Ban people.

Lemme 'lone. :mad:

:D, Art

Art,

I don't have a problem navigating the Rifle Forum as it now stands, either.

I didn't have a problem navigating the old setup for the handguns forum; the traffic there was just a little much to keep up with at times, though.

It was, IIRC, suggested to break them out because not everyone wanted to wade through all of the stuff on the semi-autos handguns searching for stuff on the revolvers.

Just a thought; in all reality, I don't care enough about it to really get excited one way or another.

If my suggestion gave you a pantsload of angst, chill. People so advanced in age don't do their hearts any good by getting excited.

I suspect, however, you're still smarting over my insightful private message to you a few days ago... :D

Yeah, Art's the man. I too wish to vote against the off-topic forum. We don't really care what color underwear you wear for luck.

Back