Boycott, schmoycott...

What (if any) is your cutoff date?

• Late 1950's, when they stopped using names and went to numbers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Early 1980's, when they stopped pinning barrels and recessing chambers.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Early 1990's, when they went from roll-stamping to laser engraving.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Late 1990's, when they went to frame-mounted firing pins and MIM parts.

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • 3/00, when they signed The Agreement.

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • I still think their new stuff is worth buying.

Votes: 35 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not buy any *&*.
I sold all my *&* after the agreement because I would not want anyone to see me with one.
I do love their revolvers, but I can live without them.
It's a matter of principle.
Discipline is not controlling yourself from doing something you wouldn't do anyway.
ML

My experience has been that the GOOD Smith & Wesson guns ended around 1970! It resumed in 2001! I'm really impressed with the new K, L, and N frame guns that I've handled. I think that most of the guns produced in 1970's and '80's were of a poorer quality. Except for the "Special" guns. (Keith special, Texas Ranger Commemorative, etc.).

Maybe I'm a little ignorant on all this ....educate me....my 2000 442 shoots fine and is the perfect pocket/ankle gun....

So...what real advantage does the pin barrel offer?

And aren't all centenial style revolver frame mounted firing pins, and what drawback, if any, does a frame mounted firing pin have.

As far as the engraving...I think the laser looks cleaner..especially if I ever refinish it.....

"The "antis" would love to have S & W go into oblivion!"

Goddamn it, do people STILL believe this?

Tell me, PLEASE tell me, just what do the anti-gunners gain by a SINGLE gun manufacturer going out of business when there are what, 15 others just waiting to jump in and fill the void?

15 other manufacturers who HAVE NOT signed a similar agreement with the Federal Governemnt?

What doe the anti-gunners gain?

I'll tell you what, NOT ONE GODDAMNED THING without EVERY manufacturer signing this agreement!

If S&W goes under, Taurus, Ruger, Rossi, Charter Arms, Kimber, Charles Daly, Springfield, Beretta, Sig, H&K, et. al. SIMPLY SELL MORE GUNS.

How does THAT benefit the antis?

"To me personally, the extent of Ruger's betrayal is far greater than that of S&W."

I know a lot of people feel that way, and I'm still at a loss to figure out exactly how?

Did anyone see the committee copies of the bills that were being proposed before Ruger stepped in and started working with legislators?

You think the Ruger bill is bad?

One bill would have capped magazine capacity for ALL GUNS, not just semi-autos, at 5 rounds. Yep, all revolvers, too, 5 rounds. Another would have mandated confiscation and destruction of magazines over the capacity limit.

Ruger's piece of work, which I will agree is a POS, at least gave us a sunset clause, exempted some firearms (tubular fed guns and revolvers), and worked inside of the Constitutionally mandated process for the passage of new laws in the United States.

The S&W action?

None of the above.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the only Ruger I have is my Border Collie. She goes bark, but doesn't go bang. I don't have any Ruger firearms.

And had my pup been lying on a Colt revolver instead of a Ruger Blackhawk, when I found her, she would have been named Colt.

You know...

...this thread was not intended to be a discussion of anybody's politics.

I really ony wanted to gather some data. I was just curious to see how many people were like a lot of the *&* collectors I know (myself included) and have a certain "era" that they draw a line at when adding guns to their personal collections.

Mea culpa. I should have known better.

Seeing as how this has turned into just another political soapbox thread, I get to feel stupid and lock my own thread. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back