box of pistols

musher
Quote:
No Federal law prohibits residents of the same state from buying or selling guns to each other.

It's usually a good idea to put a smiley or some other indication you're joking, otherwise folks might think you're passing on good info.
Seriously?

Here you go:http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#gca-unlicensed-transfer
ATF Firearms FAQ'sQ: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
Hows that for good info?:D

Good catch...

Fourth one from the right looks to be the 1887 H&R SHELL EXTRACTING aka "Manual Ejector" model revolver. That one alone, if in antique GOOD or better will bring between $225 and $300 from a collector.

I'm a collector of guns of this era, & I've got a .38 & been trying to buy a 32 for a reasonable price... going through them, one by one may prove that he got a great deal... obviously depending on condition...

It looks like there's a good chance that some, if not all, of those handguns are also antiques, pre-1898.

I don't know what the third one from the left is, but I'm certain it's not a Smith & Wesson. There's no thumb latch to release the cylinder.

I don't know what the third one from the left is, but I'm certain it's not a Smith & Wesson. There's no thumb latch to release the cylinder.
You're right of course. <slaps forehead> :o

Possibly a Spanish copy with an ejector-rod cylinder release. See my previous post re: value. :rolleyes:

Duh, reread this thread and realized I had misread Dogtown Tom's comment

He wrote:

No federal law prohibits....

I read:

No, federal law prohibits...

He and I agree. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

You might could part that box out and make some money off of it but your brother doesn't appear to have struck gold in any shape or form. It looks like a bunch of worn out old break tops.

You're right of course. <slaps forehead>

Possibly a Spanish copy with an ejector-rod cylinder release. See my previous post re: value.

Third from left is an H&R American.

Back