box of pistols

pro tc

my brother got this box of pistols at a garage sale for 350.00 also 3guns worth of parts you guys see any thing good?
0429011116.jpg
[/IMG]

Hard to tell from the picture. Close-up pictures with markings would tell us more. Looks like several Iver Johnsons, but again hard to tell.

TK

pistols

They might be worth more at a gun buy-back. Around here the cops will give you $100.00 in food coupons/stamps for any gun regardless of condition.

Jeff

Several of those guns look like foreign imitations of S&W breaktops; those would probably be worth less than IJ's or H&Rs.

One possible use is for decoys. Deactivate them and display them in such a way that any unwelcome visitors will take them and not bother to look for the good stuff.

Jim

ok got some more info. one is a british bulldog. one is a 1898 harrington and richardson. one 1887 harrington and richardson. older hpkin and allen double action no,6 38 cal. couple american bulldogs. older harrington 22 rimfire that all i have got so far
Barry

No Federal law prohibits residents of the same state from buying or selling guns to each other.

It's usually a good idea to put a smiley or some other indication you're joking, otherwise folks might think you're passing on good info.

Musher, other than determining the seller and buyer are residents of the state where the transaction occurs, and the seller having no reason to suspect the buyer is a prohibited person, what Federal law are you implying is applicable?

Fourth one from the right looks to be the 1887 H&R SHELL EXTRACTING aka "Manual Ejector" model revolver. That one alone, if in antique GOOD or better will bring between $225 and $300 from a collector.
The one left of it, in blue - is the 1898 H&R - could be worth up to $200 depending upon condition.

Third from left- prewar I frame S&W .32 Hand Ejector, maybe a Model of 1903? (Looks like it's cocked?!?) Doesn't look rusty, just dusty, could be worth $150-$300 depending on finish.

OTOH many Spanish copies of this gun exist; they're best suited as trotline weights and they're valued accordingly. :rolleyes:

I don't think he's even told us if any of them function yet. I'm betting there's more than one timing issue in the box.

It's usually a good idea to put a smiley or some other indication you're joking, otherwise folks might think you're passing on good info.

He is right. There is no Federal law preventing a private sale between two residents of the same state.

You may know this as "the gun show loophole" the Brady clowns are always whining about.

Some states may have more restrictive laws, it would certainly be illegal in California for example, but only because they are pistols. Rifles over 50 years old would be fine.

Back