Bought another Double Tap this morning

I want the AR doubletap in .223. I saw one at a gun show in black, but I want it with the stainless finish.

Wonder how a both barrels at once on a DT 45 would compare with my T/C Contender 10" 45-70? That one gets my attention enough that I got some gloves to wear when I plan on shooting it more than 5 or 6 times in one session.
Depends on your barrel and your grip. Mine is a 16", but tapered and rather pencil thin. If yours is a bull barrel, it would be better. And my grip is the Competitor, as the original gun in .30-30 was intended for IHMSA, but the grip is horrendously lacking for .45-70. A different type, or a Pachmayr would improve it. I took mine to Magnaport Intl. to have a full rifle job done on it, but to no avail. Best I've done in a session, even gloved, was 15 rounds. Before Magnaporting, it was 3. It's a hand grenade, and I don't shoot it anymore.

OK I ordered a 9MM ported barrel kit off GB for $133. for my 2 Double tap pistols. I will put it on the non Ported 45.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIGeMYn3Pqc

The above Youtube video shows me shooting my .45 DT derringer.

Thanks to the original poster for informing me of the major price reduction for the Double Tap. I bought my second DT today and it cost me less than half of what I paid for my first DT in 2013.

I did have both barrels fire at the same time from my original gun. I was lucky that I had the 9mm barrels installed and not the .45. The recoil was more severe than I get from my S&W 460 magnum snubbie (I also have a Youtube video of me shooting the 460 under: "bubbabladesfla").

I sent my gun back to DT and I have had no problems of any kind since my gun came back.

Mark aka BubbaBlades

Back