Bought a Steyr M40...

I agree, this M40 is very easy to take apart,
one of the easiest I've every encountered-
picked it up the other day, and I looked at
the ejection port- and can see a brass mark
already (probably from a factory test fire)-
hopefully Steyr will clear this up quick.

There is a fix for the brass dinging the ejecion port and top of the slide. GSI is waiting for the specs so they can start fixing them in Alabama.

The M40 still works great. Will be better when I get the brass scarring fixed though :)

I have big hands. Will my hands be able to fit the Styer M40?

It sounds like people with smaller hands like it best, so therefore I am concerned that my hands will be too big for the grip. My Glock 19/23 fits my hand fine, BTW.

I really WANT this Styer to be half as cool as I think it will be.
It sounds like they out-Glocked the Glock. Funny thing is, the designer took the design to Glock first, and they were not interested.
I love my Glocks, but Steyr has always been know to put out cutting edge, high quality designs, and I think they may have just dethroned Glock and beat them at their own game.

Only time will tell.

But in the meantime, if I like the feel of the handle and trigger at the store, this Glock fanatic is definitly going to give the Styer M40 a chance.

I sent my 16xx M40 back to GSI to have the erratic ejection issue addressed. Sounds like Herbert, the Austrian armorer, was waiting for the schematics in order to fix it. He believed it had to do with changing the taper on the ejection port.

When I get it back, I'll let you know it the problem is solved, because, that's the "only" problem I could find with the M40 Steyr. This baby is built to last and perform well. I no longer have any Glock .40's. But I still have a G31 and am also getting the cute little Ciener .22 conversion kit.

cheers

Back