Bought a new gun

Boy has the Old Line State changed since I lived there. When I lived there it was quite normal to see a lever and a shotty in the rear window of a pickup, all three unlocked, windows down and quite often motor running. All my friends had a gun cabinet in the living room or den and in AnnieA a shotgun by the rear door was the norm.

Carry? Maryland? Pray tell

MD is "may issue" and some people do fairly easily (by MD standards anyway) get permits. If you are a judge, prosecutor, or business owner with large cash deposits, you will get permission to carry here. I'm not in any of those categories.

I can only carry when out of state in a state that honors my UT non-resident permit. That is several days a month for me, and would be more if PA still honored UT and NH non-resident permits. I often go to Northern VA for entertainment, NOVA or DE for shopping, DE or VA for the beach, WV for camping, etc. I also spend a lot of time in PA, but can no longer carry there- several years ago they stopped honoring most non-residential permits so I couldn't carry on my UT non-res CCW anymore. A couple years ago, NH made it easier to get their non-res permit, and PA still honored it, so many MD residents paid their $100 and got their non-res NH permit so they could carry in PA. So, earlier this year, PA added NH non-resident permits (all non-res permits I believe) to their list of permits they do not accept.

I'm sure you'll love it. It's always funny how you can go into a gun store with a plan of what you want and then leave with something unexpected.

I did it again! :D

I have budgeted some money for a carbine for HD and fun. I was looking at the Mini-14, M1 Carbine and some revolver caliber lever rifles, and leaning towards the lever rifles.

So, when I went in today to pick up the CZ 75 Compact, they had something I've wanted a long time in the case for less than it usually costs online. It is something that is often not available, and when it has been available, I was either in the market for something else that I felt I needed more, or I didn't have the budget for the gun. So a gun that is sporadically available, that I've wanted for 15 years, at a good price, and I have the money set aside for a gun (albeit for a different gun), of course I jumped on it.

So, I filled out the paper work and just started the 7 day waiting period for a CZ PCR.

For years I wanted it, about 2 years ago I went to get one and no one had them so I got my P01. I just picked up my 75 Compact today. And now I also own (and will soon possess) the PCR. I'm not really surprised, and I'm quite happy about it.

In case the PCR has the same trigger slap my P01 has, I'm already taking a look at sending it to Cajun Gun Works for some trigger work. Heck, even if it doesn't, I may decide what work I want and send it out to make it exactly what I want. Time to start saving for some customization.

*Still unsure what I'll do with the P01. I don't love it so I don't know if I want to spend the money to fix the trigger slap issue, or I may just sell it now that I'll have the PCR. On the other hand, the gun shop says I should try some 115gr ammo. I usually like mid-weight ammo in my 9mms and they say that going with lighter grain ammo often fixes trigger slap issues. Can't hurt, if it works it will be a low (no) cost solution that might save a gun for me that I had high hopes for. And one of the reasons I never loved the gun (other than the trigger slap) is that I really wanted the PCR and settled on the P01. Now that I'll have a PCR maybe I can come to appreciate the P01 for what it is.

Now, at least until I decide what to do with the P01, I have all the main CZ 75B compact models- the PCR, P01 and 75 Compact :cool:.
All I need now is the RAMI (9mm, 9mm with decocker, and .40) and the ones with the Omega triggers to fill out the collection :eek:.

Last edited:
I’ve got the P-01 and PCR as well, the 75 compact is on he list.

Why not take the P-01 and let it have a trip down to Cajun Gun Works for some upgrades?

Back